Howa Mini Action
Has anyone heard from a source about a release date or news if Howa is coming out with the ARC in their mini action? All I have heard is they are considering it?
After reading this I sent an email to Legacy Sports asking. Here's Chad's reply:

Paul ~ Good morning, I hope all is well. Currently there are no new developments.
Thank You,

Chad J. Peters
Territory Manager AL. CA. FL. GA. MS. NC. NV. OR. SC. VA. WA.
4674 Aircenter Cir.
Reno, NV 89502

Phone: (775) 828-0555 ext. 125
Toll Free: (800) 5-LEGACY ext. 125
Fax: (775) 828-0565
Email: CPeters@LegacySports.com
Well several months have pasted and I am beginning to believe Howa is not going to make a 6mm ARC. Sadly I have a BC stock and trigger and base metal for a build. Of a mini action, Hell I can not even get a response on a 6.5 Grendel action from Brownell. At least then I could rebarrel. Be nice if Howa would at least say they were or are not going to produce it.
Only other option I know of is to rebarrel and maybe a gs can open out the bolt face to fit the grrr case. There’s a couple vendors doing a Howa “howage” style rebarrel so you could diy. Preferred barrels even includes a semi-go gauge (2 mil under saami or something so you fit right up to it...).

Uintah has a 6arc upper - pure bolt action fits on AR lower, for 1.1k. By the time you do the rebarrel you’re into it about that much as well.........

Might also need to open out the extractor groove a bit for the grrr base being thicker than 223, on that Howa bolt tweaking... dep on which caliber bolt you start with.
I almost purchased a Howa 6.5 Grendel rifle I found online. I was going to rebarrel it to 6mm ARC but the wait time on barrels right now is 10-12 months. And the cost was going to be about $1200.00. It was the only option for a bolt gun 6 ARC at the time.

I ended up ordering a Uintah UPR15 and the wait time is about 5 weeks right now, I spoke with Richard at Uintah today to place another order with them and confirmed the wait time. They are the only game in town right now for a bolt action, and they have the parts in stock to build your upper. They build to order right now, and interesting enough the 6mm Arc is the only one they have in stock right now. This gun craziness is majorly out of hand right now.

Tomorrow I am going to a LGS and purchasing some more factory ammo as they have it for $26.00 a box for both 105 and 108 grain, I will probably buy all of it they have.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
From Howa USA:  https://www.howausa.com/wp-content/uploa...log_LQ.pdf
Great news. If I were to share a want for anything different than their initial offerings, I would like to see Longer barrel options. More 22" barrels & even out to 26"n 6mm ARC would be nice choices to have.

20" looks to be their standard with one 22" option.
When are these 6arc minis supposed to be hitting the shelves? Ideally I would love them to be sending Brownells barreled actions. Otherwise an Oryx 6arc looks like a pretty decent value.
thinking of option, i would want a heavy barrel option for all 6 ARC barrels
(01-18-2022, 12:28 PM)Thelaststraw Wrote: When are these 6arc minis supposed to be hitting the shelves? Ideally I would love them to be sending Brownells barreled actions. Otherwise an Oryx 6arc looks like a pretty decent value.

....I'm looking forward to Brownell's offering them as well.  If and when I decide to go with a bolt action build this is the route I'd like to take.