Accurate 2520 and Leverevolution
Both show up on Hornady reloading as the only 2 that will go 2850 at Max. I read about 2520 on their site , supposed to be a little slower and better for longer barrels. 
LR seems to be real popular for 6arc and shorter barrels.

My question 

What is considered a longer barrel ?

Anyone used the 2520 and how did it work for you ? Anyone use both and can give a comparison ?

Thanks
Hornady's data shows 2520 as one of the highest velocity powders with heavy bullets in 18" gas gun data as well as 24" boltgun. It was on my list to try until I loaded 748.
(05-16-2024, 09:20 AM)300BLK Wrote: Hornady's data shows 2520 as one of the highest velocity powders with heavy bullets in 18" gas gun data as well as 24" boltgun.  It was on my list to try until I loaded 748.
I have LR  1 pound and ordered 1 pound of 2520. I have brass, bullets and primers . Enough to do a side by side comparison . If I don't like the results I may try your 748. But it all waits for my rifle to get back. Having the last thing done to it , after this it's just target practice and deer hunting 

Thanks for your input
I was finally able to load some Hornady 105gr with the LVR also using Hornady Bolt load data. At 29.2gr I started seeing extractor marks on my brass and by 30.0 it was very heavy and didn't shoot the 30.3gr loads.

These were loaded at "Touch" so I don't know if that had a roll in the pressure signs.
(05-16-2024, 11:15 PM)KMW1954 Wrote: I was finally able to load some Hornady 105gr with the LVR  also using Hornady Bolt load data. At 29.2gr I started seeing extractor marks on my brass and by 30.0 it was very heavy and didn't shoot the 30.3gr loads.

These were loaded at "Touch" so I don't know if that had a roll in the pressure signs.
I do believe that if you were to back off the lands at least .020", your pressure signs would disappear.
(05-16-2024, 11:15 PM)KMW1954 Wrote: I was finally able to load some Hornady 105gr with the LVR  also using Hornady Bolt load data. At 29.2gr I started seeing extractor marks on my brass and by 30.0 it was very heavy and didn't shoot the 30.3gr loads.

I think I am going to try this. I have watched a LOT of YouTube video and his seem to me to make the best sense .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7vjgEgnhHk
(05-17-2024, 01:14 AM)300BLK Wrote:

I do believe that if you were to back off the lands at least .020", your pressure signs would disappear.

Already have 15 loaded up at .015" off. now just need to get back out and test.
I don't recommend loading to touch or jam the lands in an AR, let alone the 6Arc.
When it first came out, some of Hornady's 105 factory loads were loaded too long, and jammed the lands especially when combined with some short throats. Result was way over pressure.
Add in that the AR is not a precision chamber, and that some bullets could slip forward during the slam-feeding of the bcg, all together just doesn't seem like the path to choose.
If we were talking about a bolt action precision rifle and chamber, maybe things would be different. Maybe OP and Kmw's pipes are bolt action, It's close to midnite and I don't remember (this John Wayne movie is about over too, lol), but anyway... in my book 20 off is about as close as I want it to go. Remember these are mid-pressure cartridges, not 58-60 etc etc ksi. I even have to keep reminding myself of this, anyway.
Anyway, I want my Arc loads to have some jump.
(Yesterday, 02:40 AM)grayfox Wrote: I don't recommend loading to touch or jam the lands in an AR, let alone the 6Arc.
When it first came out, some of Hornady's 105 factory loads were loaded too long, and jammed the lands especially when combined with some short throats.  Result was way over pressure.
Add in that the AR is not a precision chamber, and that some bullets could slip forward during the slam-feeding of the bcg, all together just doesn't seem like the path to choose.
If we were talking about a bolt action precision rifle and chamber, maybe things would be different.  Maybe OP and Kmw's pipes are bolt action, It's close to midnite and I don't remember (this John Wayne movie is about over too, lol), but anyway... in my book 20 off is about as close as I want it to go.  Remember these are mid-pressure cartridges, not 58-60 etc etc ksi.  I even have to keep reminding myself of this, anyway.
Anyway, I want my Arc loads to have some jump.
I think that is what this guy Eric C says but instead of Lands he talks jam and then backing off .20 to start then work backwards from there. I know when I tried that OAL tool  with the cartridge screwed to it I cannot get the same results twice. But putting a cartridge together then chambering it to jam it in , I come out with a lot closer measurement  and have that cartridge sitting on my bench to compare to. 
Anyway, waiting on my rifle to get back then am set up to try LR vs 2520 and the new barrel tuner. Looking forward to it.

On another note . I'm in to bad of shape to walk public land been going up to Alabama and hunting with some schools up there that do fund drives for their school .  But found a spot in South Carolina to go this year . Anyone been hunting in SC ?

So 2 trips to Alabama and 1 to SC this year to try it out

Thanks for the input , this site is always up for some good opinions.
I went there once, SC. It was nothing to write home about, but I think it was just that outfitter.
I'm not in great walking shape either... even thought of one of those e-bikes or trikes, they look interesting.
Several places in NC will take you close or even take you right up to your stand... I have had some good hunts there. Couple of bad ones again, but it was the outfitter, so bottom line try to vet out the outfitter before you plunk down your deposit money.
(Yesterday, 03:45 PM)grayfox Wrote: I went there once, SC.  It was nothing to write home about, but I think it was just that outfitter.
I'm not in great walking shape either... even thought of one of those e-bikes or trikes, they look interesting.
Several places in NC will take you close or even take you  right up to your stand... I have had some good hunts there.  Couple of bad ones again, but it was the outfitter, so bottom line try to vet out the outfitter before you plunk down your deposit money.

Thanks for the advice. Looking on Google reviews mostly 5s but some lower ones , the lower ones seem to be attitude . NONE say the hunt or the lodging was bad. Kind of a toss , I have never seen a place that got all 5s so hard to read. Price is very reasonable so I guess I will go once and see. Doing this in Nov. so still plenty of time to hit my places in Alabama if it doesn't work out

Taking my CZ 6ARC as primary gun but I always take a backup so this year it will be my Ruger #1.
        Jam and touching are two different things. EC's method of finding jam is loading a dummy round with light neck tention ( .001-.0015 ) and moving the bullet out until it sticks in the lands. My guess would be he is about .035" into the lands or past touch. I load the 90gr Bergers .004" into the lands 29.8gr of LVR with no pressure signs and get 2840fps out of a 22" barrel. I do this because it groups best and less of a chance for the bullet to jump from the bolt slamming closed.