Upgrades to a stock bolt action rifle .
I have retired from Tournament Bass Fishing and have started to sell all my extra stuff on eBay . This has given me some extra money , I thought I would use to fix up my 6arc.
So what can be done to a factory stock to enhance the stock. I had thought about a new one but wasn't able to find anything like what I was wanting.
Also if you could what would you have done to a rifle to make it more enjoyable .

Last what gun smiths do you guys use . Are they local or do you send it off?

Thanks
You could start with bedding the action. I don't know what rifle you have but if it's a mini Howa that's what I'd do if you don't wanna replace the stock outright. You could replace the plastic trigger guard as well with one made of aluminum. DIP, Oregunsmithing or Jefferson Outdoors have some good replacement parts. I replaced the plastic on my 6.5 Grendel Mini with the Jefferson Outdoors hinged floorplate version.

https://jeffersonoutdoor.com/howa-mini-h...loorplate/

I do all my own work. Can't recommend a gunsmith ... Have fun ...
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
(04-18-2024, 03:17 PM)Old Bob Wrote: You could start with bedding the action. I don't know what rifle you have but if it's a mini Howa that's what I'd do if you don't wanna replace the stock outright. You could replace the plastic trigger guard as well with one made of aluminum. DIP, Oregunsmithing or Jefferson Outdoors have some good replacement parts. I replaced the plastic on my 6.5 Grendel Mini with the Jefferson Outdoors hinged floorplate version.

https://jeffersonoutdoor.com/howa-mini-h...loorplate/

I do all my own work. Can't recommend a gunsmith ... Have fun ...
That blind mini floor plate looks nice ,if they just made one for a CZ . I do the big rough stuff but when it comes to fine work I cannot get my hands to do it.
I repaired the ceiling fan in my bedroom got it all done except the 3 teeny tiny screws that hold the cap on the bottom. 3 hours later I got my grandson to put them in . Not complaining I'm happy I'm here but there are some things I leave to others.

I haven't done the bedding yet , soon as my barrel gets back I'll find someone to do that. The cz has 2 screws holding the stock on , one has a (metal pillar ? ) the other just goes thru wood 

Thanks
Is this a wood stock or plastic? Have you looked at Boyd's. Check out their Rapid Fire Sales. I've found 2 there for my Savage.
(04-20-2024, 03:41 AM)KMW1954 Wrote: Is this a wood stock or plastic? Have you looked at Boyd's. Check out their Rapid Fire Sales. I've found 2 there for my Savage.
Wood Factory now and would go for a composite stock if lighter but aftermarket wood doesn't  seem to have any advantages . I am thinking so just have this stock done.
Bedding is great and solid bedding will adsolutely enhance the accuracy and use-fullness of the rifle.

But how do it shoot? Dont need ta be "fixin" stuff that aint broke.

As for a new stock thats what comes ta mind first. Along with better glass.

For a number of years this has been what I am doing. Streamlining my firearms using recovered funds to improve once that I kept.

CW