Nosler 95gr BT & Leverevolution
Thought Id share some recent reloading experience.

Ive previously loaded up 90gr BT and used em on deer successfully however a propety Ive been thermalling has been producing mountain boars around the 250-280lbs with some more than 300lbs seen.

I managed to grabbed 5bx of the 95gr BT on sale last week and apparently have they heavier jacket from the 100gr BT.  Anyway top load of 31.8gr produced 3017fps and some very nice accuracy.

WIll be testing on hogs over the rest of the year, I post a few pics if anyone is interested in how they perform.

Attached Files Image(s)

That tracks fairly well with the 87 vmax out of my gun. They are running 2,943 and show great accuracy. Always interested in how a bullet performs on game.
(05-08-2024, 10:02 AM)Bill Wrote: Thought Id share some recent reloading experience.

Ive previously loaded up 90gr BT and used em on deer successfully however a bloke Ive been thermalling has been producing mountain boars around the 250-280lbs with some more than 300lbs seen.

I managed to grabbed 5bx of the 95gr BT on sale last week and apparently have they heavier jacket from the 100gr BT.  Anyway top load of 31.8gr produced 3017fps and some very nice accuracy.

WIll be testing on hogs over the rest of the year, I post a few pics if anyone is interested in how they perform.
What's your barrel length? AR or bolt gun?
Howa Mini Bolt gun,  Bartlein 22inch and has had about 6-700 rounds put thru it

Attached Files Image(s)

I’d look at Barnes Or 90 grain Nosler Accubonds.Albeit those aren’t big bears. Bears are built heavier than deer. Those bullets will hold up better, penetrate better, especially if you hit bone and more likely a pass through.

I’ve used 95 grain BT for deer in .243, they are great deer medicine. But were I hunt now has a substantial bear population. I had a hunting parter who two years in a row shot bears with 165 BT out of a 30-06: both bears we had to track, both bears should have been DRT or only went a short distance. I finished them off with 165 accubonds and they folded like a cheap suit. One bear was about 250 pounds, the other was a bruiser that we weight at 506 pounds.

Short story: bullet construction matters for different game: BT, SSTs etc are great for deer…..for bear id step up to a stouter bullet, that will also work well for deer