Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
500 pulled 95 gr SMKs for $76!
I just grabbed 1000. One 500 left for the lucky at American reloading. Use 10projos coupon for 10% off. $76.5 shipped with no sales tax!

https://americanreloading.com/en/243-6mm...500ct.html
could not pass up the deal. thanks
Smart man! I was going to grab the last box at 6pm MST if nobody else did. I paid $160 for a box of 500 in the summer of 2019 and ordered 500 TMKs from Midsouth last week for $179 plus tax and shipping. I probably would have bought all 1500 this morning if I hadn't bought 1k of 155s for my 40 and 1k of 180s for my 10mm yesterday.
I ordered 500 of the 100 gr. spbt, I know some of you folks have had problems with the soft points but both of my 18" guns love them. I do not get the tip distortion some have reported. I have shot .5 MOA groups with the Hornady Interlocks loaded on top of 8208XBR. and CFE223.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
Dino, those look a lot like the the Speer #1220s.  I've got an open box of them - PM me your address and I'll drop one in the mail to see if they match up. Speers claimed G1 is 0.442. I had seen them there before but haven't gotten around to testing the Speers I have yet.
Thumbs up to American Reloading - fast shipping as bullets arrived yesterday. They are nice and shiny and it would be real hard to tell that they are pulls to someone who didn't know it with the naked eye. They will require individual inspection as I found one had a protrusion on its bearing surface.

Now the bad news. They might be "95 gr SMKs" as they put on their listing, but they aren't 95 gr Sierra Match Kings. That's a 95 grain Tipped Match King on the left (identical to an SMK plus the tip) and one of the bullets I received on the right:

But there's good news! After scouring the world wide web, I'm pretty confident that these are 95 grain Berger Classic Hybrid Hunters. The weights are extremely consistent, the points look like the quality of Berger, the lengths are 1.06x vs 1.069" stated by Berger, the boat tail and bearing surface lengths appear to be Berger's dimensions (I can't get too accurate with calipers).

Does anyone have any of these on their shelf who can get a measurement with a Hornady bullet comparator?  Berger website says they are 0.587" base to ogive. With the 3-24 insert on a Hornady bullet comparator I am getting 0.605-0.608 and 0.610-0.612 (I'm guessing there's 2 different lots in my big box o' bullets). That would jive with the Berger measurement since the datum point will be a little narrower.

Not disappointed at all if they are Berger's since they're for practice and the G7 of .223 vs Sierra's G7 of .232 will work just fine.