Ballistic Advantage
Does anyone have a favorite muzzle device they use? I’ve got a Ballistic Advantage 18” rifle gas SPR barrel inbound. They were out of the 6.5 VG6 Gamma I wanted for now so I’m looking for something else. Doesn’t have to be a brake. Three prong would be fine. Will the three prong AAC I have for .300 Blackout work while I search or does it have to be 6.5. Also, running unsuppressed what’s the preferred spring and buffer combo. I’ll be running a non adjustable gas block for now. 

Thanks
I don't have a favorite but I would think anything that will screw on and that has an inside diameter bigger than the projectile will work. At least for protecting the threads. That 3-prong AAC should be fine.

I generally don't mess with muzzle brakes on the lighter recoiling guns. I seem to recall using a standard A2 flash suppressor on a 6x45 some years back.

I also have a BA 6mm ARC barrel inbound. Not sure what I'm going to put on it yet.
Cliff

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
If you like the 6.5 Gamma, you'll love the 6.5 Epsilon. I got one from Optics Planet a few weeks ago for a build in progress. Already running one on my 243 LBC and one on a 6x45 (as well as a 5.56 Epsilon in a .223).
I run a lot of the vg65’s, try looking at armorally .com, or do a search. A or A has always has a good price for them too.
And if you like a 3 prong, sixfivearms has a great one for under $30... Have one on my ARC right now Smile
I’ve got the epsilon coming with the barrel. I’m sure I’ll give it a try. I already have a 3 prong available so I’ll probably try both. Vg6 gamma is back ordered so not sure when I’ll get to try that one.
Barrel, bolt, gas block, and tube arrived today. Got it put together. Can’t wait to shoot it this weekend. Got it all put together. I like it a lot. Since we’ll be at the farm this weekend after i sight it in I may see how it does on a pig if I can.
Cool!. My barrel should arrive today. Think I've got everything else needed in my parts stash.
Cliff

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Barrel, gas tube/block, and BCG all arrived yesterday. Got it put together and I’m gonna put some hornady black through it tomorrow. All I have so far. Hornady Match scheduled to arrive tomorrow but I’ll be at the farm. Excited about it.