Fastest Caliber in the Southwest
Move over .223, which is what almost everyone else was shooting. And it was the rifle and caliber, not me. No one can give me a straight answer but I *believe* T6 is 4" and T7 is 2". Total field was 60. The 2 target groups were at least 30 degrees apart.

Totally awesome!!!
Congratulations! Would you attribute your success to faster 1st shot hits or something else?
Thanks! Lemonaid, I think the advantage was better ballistics, no real disadvantage from increased recoil and more energy on target.. Sight picture was always there, I could see everything and the reticle barely moved. The 440s were fixed steel while the KYL rack is swingers. The only miss was my first on the small one. I knew all of my 440s were hits - I could clearly see them, while someone on a .223 might not be as sure with less mass and energy. I think I waited for the spotter to call hits on my first pass on the 440s even though my next shot was set up, but I didn't bother on the second pass - I saw them and was releasing the next while he was calling the last
Nice work! Isn't this why the 6ARC was developed? Better performance than the 5.56 while still being able to spot hits?
LOVE IT!! Congrats!
:: 6mmARC Target Cartridge with Hunting Capability :: 6.5 GRENDEL Hunting Cartridge with Target Capability :: 
:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
Congratulations, & what was your load?
(03-21-2021, 03:58 PM)CZ527 Guy Wrote: Congratulations,  & what was your load?
I'm running 95 gr TMKs with 28.2 gr Varget at 2660 in an 18" 8 twist. Note that its a 243 LBC so I have that whopping additional 0.03" of case capacity.
He may have taken the Gas Gun Division in yesterday's PRS match (52 to 43), but I bet he wished he was at a pistol match during the timed stage (which was a PRS Skills Stage 2 - 10" circle at 400 yards with 2 shots each from 4 barrier positions - 2 standing and 2 kneeling):

Note: This has nothing to do with 6mm ARC. I was shooting my 6.5 CM and that is likely what he was shooting (or a 6 CM). I'm just gloating.  Big Grin
Nice job SH! With that time differential, you could have started with a beer to make it closer!
Totally awesome! Now post that in the P-doggie's newspaper out there so they will tremble in their little boots!!!!
Great shooting sir! Got me to thinking about setting up a similar "problem" at our county shooting range, but our longest is only 360 yards.
And as to your load -- sigh -- I remember Varget, from long, long ago ...
I had a varget sighting at the gun show a few weeks back. A lonely 1# jar for $70, I passed.
Varget has been showing up online, hodgdon site, ppowder valley, midsouth, brownells... but have to act fast.
You all know about discord, right?
I went into my local store yesterday and surprise, they had some varget. So I picked up a couple of pounds to try,
My local store also had Varget last week. I smiled. And then I grabbed all of the H4350 that was next to it.
#FJB