IN STOCK 6mmARC Mk136 Mod2 Bolts
When bolts are back in stock — any day now — the price will be $55 each plus postage.
:: 6mmARC Target Cartridge with Hunting Capability :: 6.5 GRENDEL Hunting Cartridge with Target Capability :: 
:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
U P D A T E : Bolt guy gets back to me today and says they can fulfill only a partial order. Apparently, now there's an extractor shortage. Will keep you guys posted.

What I'm gonna do is when the partial order is in, I'm not gonna post it on my SixFiveArms.com website until I post here and you guys email me to get on my list for first dibs.

But don't email me until I say they've arrived. Then however many speak up here, I will reserve that many.
:: 6mmARC Target Cartridge with Hunting Capability :: 6.5 GRENDEL Hunting Cartridge with Target Capability :: 
I need one for now. So put me down for one.
Once you get your regular delivery in, I 'll order my second one.
thanks
Thanks for the update. I'll be waiting to send that email.
Guys, thinking about this, instead of emailing me let's do it this way (same as on the Grendel forum): Just let me know here in this thread how many you want reserved for you — up to three per person.
StoneHendge is in for 1.
(05-04-2021, 09:28 PM)KRYSTOFILUS Wrote: Guys, thinking about this, instead of emailing me let's do it this way (same as on the Grendel forum): Just let me know here in this thread how many you want reserved for you — up to three per person.
pavementends is in for 2
One Mod1 Bolt for Old Bob! Big Grin
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
(05-04-2021, 09:28 PM)KRYSTOFILUS Wrote: Guys, thinking about this, instead of emailing me let's do it this way (same as on the Grendel forum): Just let me know here in this thread how many you want reserved for you — up to three per person.
SKYREP for one
I'll take 2 myself.
(05-03-2021, 08:35 PM)KRYSTOFILUS Wrote: U P D A T E : Bolt guy gets back to me today and says they can fulfill only a partial order. Apparently, now there's an extractor shortage. Will keep you guys posted.

What I'm gonna do is when the partial order is in, I'm not gonna post it on my SixFiveArms.com website until I post here and you guys email me to get on my list for first dibs.

But don't email me until I say they've arrived. Then however many speak up here, I will reserve that many.

I would like to reserve a mk136 bolt if posable thank you
After thinking about it... Please reserve one for me.... Thank you!
I need 2 bolts
I can’t post on the 6.5 Grendel forum yet. Are you still accepting reserves? I have finally settled in the Monster barrels and bolts for my ARC and Grendel builds. I would like to get in on 2 bolts if possible. Super excited to start up my builds. I have read good stuff about the Monster products.

Thanks
Guys, my new Mod1 bolts are in, but I hate to say a tolerance stacking issue has bit me in the butt.

While my Mod1 lug rim walls have about 25% more metal than my standard bolts (see photos 1–3 and guess which is my standard bolt and which is Mod1), this has caused the top of the extractor to scrape and bind against the barrel extension teeth (photos 4–5).

The new bolts worked just fine during my live fire function testing in both 6mmARC and 6.5 Grendel due to the more extreme forces, but they bind when hand cycling, such that I needed to mortar about 7 out of every 15 — and I needed to use a mallet on at least 1 of the 7. (I hand-cycled using a dummy firing pin that I grinded off the tip so there was no danger of an accidental discharge in the house!)

The 25% gain in metal thickness is awesome. Not so much the extractor tolerance issue I've created for myself. Am gonna keep the Mod1 bolt bodies as is cuz I love the increased strength, but that means I gotta tweak the extractors. The silver lining to that is I've been meaning for years to optimize the 6ARC/65G extractor and events are forcing that to happen.

Anyway, don't know what to tell you guys that have been waiting so patiently. Very sorry to disappoint you. Can't in good conscience sell these as is that only work upon firing and not during hand cycling. Am working out a solution with the vendor, but in these crazy times that's many months out.

(05-14-2021, 03:19 AM)KRYSTOFILUS Wrote: Guys, my new Mod1 bolts are in, but I hate to say a tolerance stacking issue has bit me in the butt.

While my Mod1 lug rim walls have about 25% more metal than my standard bolts (see photos 1–3 and guess which is my standard bolt and which is Mod1), this has caused the top of the extractor to scrape and bind against the barrel extension teeth (photos 4–5).

The new bolts worked just fine during my live fire function testing in both 6mmARC and 6.5 Grendel due to the more extreme forces, but they bind when hand cycling, such that I needed to mortar about 7 out of every 15 — and I needed to use a mallet on at least 1 of the 7. (I hand-cycled using a dummy firing pin that I grinded off the tip so there was no danger of an accidental discharge in the house!)

The 25% gain in metal thickness is awesome. Not so much the extractor tolerance issue I've created for myself. Am gonna keep the Mod1 bolt bodies as is cuz I love the increased strength, but that means I gotta tweak the extractors. The silver lining to that is I've been meaning for years to optimize the 6ARC/65G extractor and events are forcing that to happen.

Anyway, don't know what to tell you guys that have been waiting so patiently. Very sorry to disappoint you. Can't in good conscience sell these as is that only work upon firing and not during hand cycling. Am working out a solution with the vendor, but in these crazy times that's at least three months out.
Thanks for the heads up and transparency. Lucky for me I am in no hurry and can wait.  This announcement just instills confidence in the quality of the finished product.  Plus I am waiting for your 20in Grendel and ARC barrels to come back in stock Tongue

Thank you again for keeping us posted
Appreciate the honesty and heads up. I too will wait and in no hurry.
No worry and not in a hurry!

Thanks for the update and conscientiousness.
Amen, thank you for the transparency and appreciate the effort you are making toward a better product. I'm still in for the wait.
(05-14-2021, 03:19 AM)KRYSTOFILUS Wrote: Guys, my new Mod1 bolts are in, but I hate to say a tolerance stacking issue has bit me in the butt.

Anyway, don't know what to tell you guys that have been waiting so patiently. Very sorry to disappoint you. Can't in good conscience sell these as is that only work upon firing and not during hand cycling. Am working out a solution with the vendor, but in these crazy times that's many months out.

Too bad about the delay, keep me on the list for 2 when you get them!
Pavementends