Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Savage announces bolt-action 6mm ARC - 2 models
Savage axis ii and 110 tactical - new 6mm ARC bolt action rifles with msrp's.

Savage Arms Announces New Models and Chamberings for 2021 (firearmsnews.com)

"...The 110 Tactical and AXIS II are now being chambered for the 6mm Advanced Rifle Cartridge (ARC). ..."
Yeeeeesh!!!!!! Can’t get a peep as to when these will hit the shelves. Savage Can you spell “don’t care about your customers”????
Just got word back TODAY from Savage on their 2 new 6Arc models, a "tactical" 18" barrel on the newer "110 tactical" format (Accufit stock), and an Axis II, 22" barrel. They are in production, and their mags are like the following:
"Nick" from Savage Technical Services wrote:
The firearms are in production, but I do not have a specific availability date.
The Tactical is an MDT AICS magazine.
The AXIS is a Savage pattern DBM. It is specific to the caliber,
Thanks for the update grayfox. The magazine issue is a big factor to me on which model to purchase. Was there any info on the AXIS mag capacity? After market mags?
If they are saying it's the savage dbm design, then 3 or 4, probably 4. It's that snap-in flush bottom mag. Their 308 and Creedmoor Axis models have 4 (I think!) round dbm's.
There was an FCP style, FCP/SR model that has a dbm style but a 10-round capacity. Looks/Looked ugly. (I think I have one of those stashed somewhere). But the DBM's are typically 3 or 4's.
Issue with me is whether I would want just an 18" barrel in the 110 style. Either model I would be swapping out to another stock/chassis...
Mags important to me too.
Their dbm probably has some kind of rear spacer to take up some room, the Axis is a one-size long action. the bolt follower/collar behind the lugs may have some extension to take up some cycling room, otherwise the bolt would cycle too far back.

It may be a moot point with me since these are relatively late (for me) to the party, I've already dropped some $$ on a uintah upper, which is a straight bolt action design.

If the Axis were the SR-ready barrel, or the 18" tactical were 20 or 22", then I'd be really interested in it.
Buy one of each, swap the barrels and sell the unloved one.