Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ruger AR-556 MRP in 6mm ARC
Guns and Ammo September 2020 tested the Ruger AR MRP in 6 ARC. https://www.gunsandammo.com/editorial/ho...ook/384946
Retail was listed at $899.00 18" bbl 1-7.7 twist.  Has anyone found any more information about this? Ruger's web site has no such item listed.
This is first I heard of it. I looked online and --- crickets ---
(02-05-2021, 03:27 PM)grayfox Wrote: This is first I heard of it.  I looked online and --- crickets ---

They are still mining the unobtanium necessary for forging for the receiver.
Just as well, ghost ammo available for a ghost rifle.
I emailed Ruger about the AR-556 MRP in 6mm ARC and this was their reply.

Thank you for contacting Ruger Customer Service.
Your Customer Service Issue # is 10271296

Marc,

We have received your inquiry. Unfortunately, we have not manufactured an AR-556 MPR in 6mm ARC. But, here at Ruger, we are always working on exciting new products and will introduce them as they are ready. However, as a publicly traded Company, we are mindful of applicable laws and regulations regarding disclosure of inside information and therefore are careful not to disclose any new product plans in advance. Candidly, we also find that it occasionally takes longer than expected to get a new product across the finish line, and our plans and priorities change over time, so we would be reluctant to talk about product plans in any event.

In sum, we are not able to respond to your question, but hope you understand that it is simply due to applicable laws regarding public disclosures.

Thank you for your interest in Ruger.

Ruger Customer Service
Definitely written by their lawyers...
What did guns and ammo review in their September 2020 issue? I think a time travel paradox is involved.
I think short version of their response is "If we told you, we'd have to kill you." The mid length version is "We'll get around to putting it into production, but right now we can't make enough AR 556s in 5.56. In fact, we can't make enough of anything!"