Magazine performance
I am starting off using the ASC/Stoner mags with the red follower that are "for" the 6 ARC.  At least I will when I can take out the trash without getting frostbite.

What are you using that has been working well?  What hasn't worked?
I'm using the ASC Grendel (blue follower) magazines. No issues so far. Where did you get the red-follower magazines? I haven't been able to find them online.

JG
Using both the blue 6.5 Grendels and gray 6.8's that I have left over from a previous - um- thingy.
I've been using the 20 round C Products / Duramag 6.5 Grendel  mags with the blue follower without a single hickup. They are sized absolutely perfectly and have just enough (which equals more than enough) clearance with a bipod (Atlas at lowest setting) and the stock on the ground/bench, yet have enough protrusion to get stability against barriers.  I don't think I've even used any of my C Products 10 rounders in my 243 LBC or 6.5 Grendel since I tried 2 and then bought a bunch. I've got six now and can fit the full 20 in all of them.

I also bought a 5 pack of ASC 25 round blue follower 6.5G mags when they had blems on sale. Haven't tried them yet but they are a good shape for monopodding if you're into that sort of thing.
(02-06-2021, 10:39 PM)jgillaspy Wrote: I'm using the ASC Grendel (blue follower) magazines. No issues so far. Where did you get the red-follower magazines? I haven't been able to find them online.

JG
I picked them up at Midway... had 10, 15 and 25 in my cart for a couple of days while I sorted some other things out for my build, when I hit purchase... the 15's were gone... haven't been able to find anything other than Grendel mags... supposedly, the follower is different (besides color) but I have not run into anyone that can confirm it.  Or that they perform better.
(02-07-2021, 04:45 PM)Ihmsa7br Wrote:
(02-06-2021, 10:39 PM)jgillaspy Wrote: I'm using the ASC Grendel (blue follower) magazines. No issues so far. Where did you get the red-follower magazines? I haven't been able to find them online.

JG
I picked them up at Midway... had 10, 15 and 25 in my cart for a couple of days while I sorted some other things out for my build, when I hit purchase... the 15's were gone... haven't been able to find anything other than Grendel mags... supposedly, the follower is different (besides color) but I have not run into anyone that can confirm it.  Or that they perform better.
I'm sitting here with my calipers & a magnifying glass & can find no differences between the red ARC follower & the blue 6.5 Grendel follower other than color. Both followers are marked ASC. I also have Duramag 6.8 SPC mags with gray followers. Even those followers are nearly identical to the red & blue ASC versions. It looks to me like all three are absolutely interchangeable. I bought the 6.8 mags for my 22 Nosler AR which I never shot. I did use them in my Grendel without any problems.
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
For my 6.5 Grendel I have used C-Products mags with good success. During breakin of my 6 ARC i was using the same mags but having ftf issues on a new mag. Hopefully with a few more cycle on the mag it will settle down and work well