Uintah Precision
Since the beginning of time... I have wanted a 6mm ARC bolt gun. That is since I started shooting this platform, I got on board right from the time they released it. So I have been through the many hardships and the teething problems from out of spec ammo, tight chambers, bad reamers sent to manufactures, ect. I worked with Odin and Hornady to help get to the root of some of these problems, and found the fix for the rifle +2 gas system cycling issues using a rifle length RE and buffer.

The chances of getting a bolt gun were starting to look bleak as of late due to the Covid pandemic and the election results sending people in droves to go to the gun shop and purchase their first gun and scarfing up every round of ammunition off the shelf whether they needed it or not.

Today things changed, just by chance I went to the Uintah website just to surf around a little, I was on their E-mail list to be notified if their Upper came back in stock, to my surprise they have them in stock. So I called them up just to make sure they had them because I never received the E-mail.

So folks this is to let you know that as of my order they had 34 of their UP15 uppers in 6mm ARC in stock, minus the one that I procured today leaving 33 left. So if you have been waiting to purchase one I would jump right now. The reason I say this is that they were not aware that the E-mail notification had not been sent out, but they are aware of it now.

Looking forward to getting this together and to the range, wait time is still going to be 3-5 weeks due to the volume their shipping dept is handling.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
I've been hoping that either Savage (which says they have 2 models) or Howa would step up....
So this is good news!!!
Headed off to their site now.

Update, one thing I was wondering about was the bolt/chamber lockup, whether it was the same (ie, several lugs round about) as AR's, and from what I see on their pix, it is not. Rather it is more of a traditional bolt-action lock up, with 3 rather pronounced lugs. Kinda like some of the Ruger models btw.
So, nice and strong, definitely a bolt action - likey likey!!!

only 31 left now........ Smile
Nope! 30 left now! Big Grin
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
I have had the Uintah Upper for a while now and just love it. Had to get use to how the bolt worked. Not like a typical Bolt Action. after a few hundred rounds, it's smooth. However, i'm really impress how accurate it is and fun to shoot. I also now have converted my Savage 10 to a 6mm ARC. Finished braking it in and now doing load development with it. Only 120 rounds thru it.
I have done my homework on the Uintah rifle upper. I have literally been waiting months to get my mits on one. They have been out of stock for a very long time, so you can imagine that my jaw dropped the other morning when I just by chance stumbled across them in stock.

The barrels that they use, Preferred Barrel Blank is a subsidiary of MGM, Match Grade Machine. They produce some top notch match grade barrels using the latest machining techniques. Most of their barrels shoot sub MOA, usually around .5 MOA for the most part. So I am confident with proper break in procedure and regular maintenance This should be an easy sub MOA rifle. I have seen some pretty impressive shot groups with these barrels in the past, and they are not one of your more well known barrel builders. But they are a well kept secret. I would rate them right up their with Kreiger, Bartelin, Criterion, ect.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
I placed an order back in January when they were just back order. I was surprised when it arrived this week. Did not expect it for a while. Now I need to locate components to handload. I live in New York where we can't order ammo over the internet, but you can the components. Any you can find people want an arm and leg for them. Guess I will have to make it a ritual everyday to search.
(02-12-2021, 05:07 PM)SamT Wrote: I placed an order back in January when they were just back order. I was surprised when it arrived this week. Did not expect it for a while. Now I need to locate components to handload. I live in New York where we can't order ammo over the internet, but you can the components. Any you can find people want an arm and leg for them. Guess I will have to make it a ritual everyday to search.

How long did it take for you to get your upper?

If I was you I would put a couple hundred factory rounds through it first and save the brass to reload. It is going to be your only hope to obtaining brass as it has not been available for a long time.

And if you have any problems with the upper the first thing thy will ask you is what ammo were you shooting, and the correct answer is Hornady factory ammo.
(02-12-2021, 05:07 PM)SamT Wrote: I placed an order back in January when they were just back order. I was surprised when it arrived this week. Did not expect it for a while. Now I need to locate components to handload. I live in New York where we can't order ammo over the internet, but you can the components. Any you can find people want an arm and leg for them. Guess I will have to make it a ritual everyday to search.

My intention is starting off with 220 Russia brass, resizing & trim accordingly. Fire forming  the Lapua 220 Russian brass. Dies can be back ordered from Midsouth. Bullets you may not be able to be all that choosy with. Primers, good luck if you do not already have some. Confused
I ordered four uppers in three calibers back in mid-Jan and was told 4-6 weeks lead time. Looking forward to getting these in hand.
Glad to hear that they are as quality as I was told by UP.
It only took two weeks to get the upper from Uintah. I was thinking of looking for some once fired 6.5 Grendel brass to reform if I can get it at a reasonable price till there is some 6mm ARC in stock and some low cost 6mm 100 gr. bullets to use to break in the barrel and zero my scope. I have a few small rifle primers left over from last years reloading to use. Have been scouring the internet for these things everyday. I know I will be out of luck for awhile but I refuse to pay Lapua pricing for once fired brass. I do see some bullets becoming available so maybe things are starting to loosen up a bit.
I ordered one of the Uintah 6mm ARC uppers. Their website says they add a free 3.5lb drop-in, single-stage trigger with the purchase of their uppers . Does anyone here have any experience with that particular trigger? It is it a good/great trigger? Apparently it's not the Velocity trigger they sell separately on their site. The pull spec for that one is 3lbs.

I'm not sure I want a single-stage trigger. I have a Geissele SSA-E 2-stage trigger I might use for this ARC bolt gun. I'll try the single-stage & if I like it, I might leave in the gun. I have a SSA-E in my Grendel AR. I like it!
(02-21-2021, 12:08 AM)Old Bob Wrote: I ordered one of the Uintah 6mm ARC uppers. Their website says they add a free 3.5lb drop-in, single-stage trigger with the purchase of their uppers . Does anyone here have any experience with that particular trigger? It is it a good/great trigger? Apparently it's not the Velocity trigger they sell separately on their site. The pull spec for that one is 3lbs. 

I'm not sure I want a single-stage trigger. I have a Geissele SSA-E 2-stage trigger I might use for this ARC bolt gun. I'll try the single-stage & if I like it, I might leave in the gun. I have a SSA-E in my Grendel AR. I like it!
Old Bob, i got the same deal when i ordered mine.  However, i did not use it on this build and used another build.  However, it really not a bad trigger.  Their Web site indicates which triggers that will work.  I'm decided to use the TriggerTech AR Competitive 3.5 lbs  trigger.  I tried a Timney (would not work) and can't remember if I Tried the Geissele  Super Semi-Automatic Enhanced SSA-E Two Stage trigger.
(02-21-2021, 03:42 AM)skyrep Wrote:
(02-21-2021, 12:08 AM)Old Bob Wrote: I ordered one of the Uintah 6mm ARC uppers. Their website says they add a free 3.5lb drop-in, single-stage trigger with the purchase of their uppers . Does anyone here have any experience with that particular trigger? It is it a good/great trigger? Apparently it's not the Velocity trigger they sell separately on their site. The pull spec for that one is 3lbs. 

Old Bob, i got the same deal when i ordered mine.  However, i did not use it on this build and used another build.  However, it really not a bad trigger.  Their Web site indicates which triggers that will work.  I'm decided to use the TriggerTech AR Competitive 3.5 lbs  trigger.  I tried a Timney (would not work) and can't remember if I Tried the Geissele  Super Semi-Automatic Enhanced SSA-E Two Stage trigger.
This is from the Uintah site regarding trigger compatibility in their UPR15s. I didn't see this when I ordered my upper. I'll use the trigger they send me.

"We are continually working to keep this list as up to date as possible. At this point in time, if it is not a standard AR trigger or one listed below, DO NOT USE IT. There is a possibility that if the trigger is pulled, with the bolt open, the hammer may fall before the bolt is closed completely and the lugs fully engaged. This may cause serious damage to the rifle and/or injure the shooter. Due to the many trigger variations available, it is impossible to guarantee they will all work safely with our upper. Again, we advise that if it is not listed here, DO NOT USE IT."

Compatible triggers
“Standard Mil-Spec” trigger groups
Velocity Triggers
Black Rain Ordinance
Rise Armament
American Tactical
Elftmann Tactical
Hiperfire EDT SS / EDT HG/ GENESIS

NON-Compatible; DO NOT USE THE FOLLOWING TRIGGERS
Geissele
Timney
CMC Triggers
Cedar Enterprise Inc.
Wisconsin Trigger Company
Larue MBT
POF

I have a Rise Armament trigger in one of my ARs but all the others I have are on the do not use list. I also have a Wilson Combat trigger. It's not on either list so a letter to Uintah may be sent.
Just got UPS tracking on my rifle, should deliver this Saturday. So it only took a little over two weeks to get it, that is if it delivers on time.

I also have one of their billet lowers ordered and being sent to my FFL, but nothing on that one yet.
I called them yesterday because my other pieces/parts were, well... lonely.
On that day they were doing creedmoors, she said they do a batch of one caliber at a time. Mine should be in the next 6Arc batch. No date given for that however... could be couple more weeks.
<sigh>
Looking forward to hearing how yours does!
The plan is to get it together and send 50 to a hundred rounds down the pipe and send it off to H&M Metal Processing and have the barrel and action nitrided. These folks do the best Nitride on the planet, this stuff is a deep dark black and is smooth as glass. They own Rubber City Armory and I have one of their BCG. They have a proprietary process called Blacknitride+, it is an enhanced Nitride that they use a special salt bath process that has some type of lubricant in it that fuses itself to the metal. This stuff is slicker than gorilla snot and is very shiny and smooth. They tell me that it will double the life of the barrel and because it is so slick it will improve the FPS as much as 100 fps.

http://blacknitride.com/

https://rubbercityarmory.com/
Woo Hoo! Big Grin Just got a notification from UPS that my Uintah 6mm ARC upper is on its way! It's scheduled to arrive on Tuesday.  Cool

Now I just need to get my lower receiver back from a local metal plating company that's putting a class III anodize on it. This lower is a billet lower I've had since 1994 & it's been through the wars. Started out using it in high power matches & then 3 gun. I retired it about 2010 & thought it would stay that way. Then I saw a you tube video on re-anodizing aluminum gun parts. The light bulb came on... hmmm, I can make this old warhorse look like a new pony! I sanded & filed out all the dings & took it to the plating company. From what they told me, I should get it back next week as well.

The anticipation is almost over!  Tongue
UPS sent me a love email too! Coming next week.
You know it is hard to figure out why I got mine over a week ago when you folks ordered yours right after I posted that they were in stock.

I went on the site, saw that they were available, placed my order and then posted that they were in stock on their web site.

Less than an hour later folks were posting that they to ordered one.

My lower is shipping on Monday, and I will be getting my barrel and bolt back from the folks doing the Nitriding next week as well. Weather is suposed to be in the 50's and 60's all next week so maybe I will get back to the range with it. And that is warm weather here in NE Ohio for early March.
When I called them, they said they do the barrels in batches and rotate thru the calibers, an order gets done in a batch in the order received... so a batch is only so big, they said mine was in “the next batch to run”... at the time of my call they were working 6.5 creedmoor. So however long a batch takes, if you’re not in, then they cycle thru some other calibers before getting back to the arc. Makes sense I guess, they are a small shop. All in all the wait is not too bad... most barrel places take 12-16 wks to get your order out.