105 Hornady HPBT in stock
Hurry. They had 26. 11 left after I got to them. $20.30/100
https://www.outdoorlimited.com/featured-...00-pieces/
Wish I had seen this sooner. They were probably gone moments after you placed your order, the way stuff is selling right now.
(02-24-2021, 12:50 AM)Shoreglide Wrote: Wish I had seen this sooner. They were probably gone moments after you placed your order, the way stuff is selling right now.

It actually lasted a bit. I watched it and 3 people came in and ordered 5 boxes each - but it was definitely at least 2 hours before the 3rd 500 went. Then one box languished a while. Was quite surprising. Their shipping is expensive, but wasn't too bad since I backed up the truck. I haven't seen a 105 anything in months, so hopefully Hornady did a run and it starts popping up. Maybe they'll even load it into some ARC ammo......
A few weeks back, I was in a local hardware store which also sells some guns and ammo. Very little remaining ammo they had was of any interest to me until I saw 6 boxes each of 105 and 108. This caliber was already on my radar and price was right, so I figured WTH and grabbed it all. And that’s how it started for me with 6mm ARC! Welcome to 2021...buy available ammo, then build gun to use it. Scored another 9 boxes of 108 at a different LGS so I should be ok for a little while. My plans for this will be for hogs when I visit family in Florida, and occasionally deer.
Maybe soon with luck I’ll accumulate reloading dies and components to load my own.
yea - i was one of them that got 5x100. Not a bad price and i've got the notification that they will be here before the weekend. with 444 pcs of Hornady 6mm ARC brass, i'll be busy this weekend.
They finally arrived. I don't know what FedEx's problem was. You know, the weather. And, you know, the virus and all.

I've never ordered from Outdoor Limited before, but I'm impressed. 3 sleeves and all the same lot! Almost as good as when I ordered 2 boxes of 500 of 140 gr RDFs from Arm or Allied a while back and they were sure to note on the packing slip that they were the same lot. A little different from Larry, who sent me 4 boxes of 100 from 3 different lots when I got some TMKs last summer.

I might get started on these right away. My jug of Varget has 2 matches with the 95 gr TMKs left in it when combined with left over rounds. Was going to then switch over to my nickel Starline brass with the new jug and tweak for the new powder lot and brass - got a bunch of it fireformed and ready to go. I'll probably start with these instead after some of the mystery happenings with the TMKs past 600 yards. At 100 fps slower, they'd give me the same range and wind drift, albeit with more drop. The smaller Danger Zone might be an issue in a match where speed is essential and I usually round my holds to quarter mils and either hold on a half mil hash or frame the target between hashes for a 1/4, but the extra 10 grains makes it feel more substantial. 

I just need my new MagnetoSpeed display unit to show up (don't drop yours too many times - I may wrap my new one in bubble wrap) They sent me an email this morning which I figured was a tracking number, only to open and read "We"re working on your order!" They've been working in it for 6 hours now - what does it take to take a box off a shelf, put it in a bigger box, tape it up and slap a label on?
95 gr TMKs completely crapped out again Saturday around 600 yards. 10-20 mph wind but in our faces so holds weren't far off targets, but they became unpredictable and quick hold adjustments were futile. Likely due to my 8 twist and SG of ~1.55 during  Saturdays conditions. Its  "adequate stability", but seemingly starts getting tossed around like a rag doll when it slows down.

I haven't been impressed with the Hornady 105s thus far in Hornady brass but going to give them a whirl in Starline brass. Can't say I'm enthusiastic since the SG will be a tad lower than the 95gr TMK with a baseline of 1.52 on a frigid bone chilling Phoenix winter morning (40° Big Grin ).

Off to Bruno's to pick up a box of Berger 90 gr BTs which will give about 75 yards less range to transitioning in a ballistics calculator (800 vs 875) and 5% more drift, but it's a compact bullet, my SG would be around 2.0 and it should do absolutely fine out to 700,. After all, matches aren't held in a ballistics calculator.
I'm actually a wee bit giddy. COAL to lands for the Berger 90s is 2.265" in GiGi and a 2.235" seating depth (I can't see that not working with a tangent ogive) puts it at a seating depth as optimal as there is:

Off to the press!
That 90 gr boat tail has the same BC as a Hornady 90 gr Eldx... 0.409.
I seat the 90's eldx at.... well, ok -- 2.175-2.180 for my two barrels. But in yours they might sit out a bit further. Anyway there's plenty of those available.
Just a thought.
Dang, I gotta get back to reloading. I’m a speed fan with bullets and would love to see a 90 gr class bullet, especially if it’s a Barnes but an ELD-X would still rock. Should make for a great mid-range deer / antelope round.

I’m eager to see what you guys get for fps and group size.
GF, they may have the same G1 but the designs look very different. The Berger has a short boat tail (ok with me - I don't care how well they transition) and it looks like a shorter bearing surface and longer nose with the forgiving ogive.  I love that Berger lists all of their dimensions on their website - nose length, bearing surface and boat tail. Hornady doesn't even give you the OAL.

Sarge, my speeds won't impress you. I'm using Varget because I need temp insensitivity. It doesn't matter how hard I hit the steel as long as i hit it, and there's no extra credit for fast misses. 2700 out of my 18" is what I modelled to compare it with my 95s at 2660. 2750 will make me extremely happy and 2800 will make me overjoyed (provided the extra recoil doesn't throw my sight picture off and affect my speed). If these don't work with Varget (and I'm having a hard time seeing how they couldn't), then I'll probably give the 90 gr Scenar L's a try. Actually had a box of those in my hands today too.

On the subject of hunting bullets, I'm surprised no ones mentioned the 95 gr Berger Classic Hunters here. I got a bunch of pulls cheap back in the fall. I'm running an extremely mild load in x39 brass for practice rounds (2400 with SW Precision) and they are insanely accurate. Decent BC (G7 is .223 vs .232 for a 95 SMK) and extremely forgiving design.
I do have about 40 of the 95 classic, but don’t see any Berger’s anywhere. Same thing with the 90 Tgk, less than a box now, but several of the eldx’s...
I haven't been able to get the Berger 90s to shoot strait. 2750 was the limit with Varget and I had some really low SDs in the high 2600s, but they wouldn't group better than 1.5 MOA. I then figured I'd try them with some of the small amount of H4895 I have lying around. 2700 was the limit. Thought there might be something around 2650, but they didn't group well there either. That 2650 load also had noticably more felt recoil than my 95TMK/Varget at 2660 load. Gas is tuned for the TMK load and the H4895 / 90 gr load actually had the brass hitting the deflector plate and going forward. Faster powder = higher gas port pressure = extractor abuse. The Berger 90s do have a relatively short bearing surface - I wonder if they're designed for a slower twist.

I'm not terribly worried at this point as Rubin looks to be ready and might get the call for the next match.  I may try the 90 gr Scenar L next or maybe see how fast I can get my stash of 95 gr Classic Hunters going in SRP brass.
    Stonehendge,

I've had great success with the Lupa 90 gr Scenar L.  I've been loading them at 2.245 COAL with IMR AR-Comp. 
the following is from my Savage 10 in 6mm ARC, 24" Barrel.
Skyrep, how much jump are you giving them? I picked up a box locally. I'm getting 2.25 to the lands in my .243 LBC.

I also picked up a box of Berger 65 gr Boat Tail Hollow Points to try in 6x45. Checked them in my gauge in my ARC just to see. Looks like there would be about a hundredth or two of shank in the neck at the lands.....
StoneHendge, I'm jumping them .012 off the lands in my bolt gun. I have found that using 8208XBR & AR-Comp for the lighter bullets have worked out good for me. Have not done load testing in the Gas Gun yet. I'm almost done with the Savage (over 600 rounds thru it now). I'm on my third firing on the Hornady Brass and 2nd on the Lapua brass.
Note: really good results with H4895 and IMR 4064 on the heavy bullets. CFE223 IS ALFULL DURTY.
I'd be interested in the 8208, ARcomp, H4895 and I-4064 load ladder ranges to start with, for my 22" Uintah. Nice work!
Yes to CFE, I've been using mostly Lever and it's not bad at all for the 6Arc, but would like some powder with a bit of temp-stability... just for giggles.
Well, the 90 gr Scenar L's shot worse than the Berger's. Loaded them at 0.015 off with Varget. Nothing resembling a group or consistent velocity. Got up to 29.0 grains. First one was 2720 and hit the deflector and flew in front of the firing line. Primer looked fine and no swipe. I thought to myself " that can't be good for the extractor" . Next shot sheared the bolt. My third Grendel bolt of the year! Twas just a lowly Toolcraft, though. I look at as I'm up a spare extractor rather than down a bolt. The primary lesson learned? Use the data for 95s - not 87s. I guess I'll see how the Berger Classic Hunter 95s work in the range I've been doing the SMKs next.

On a positive note, initial testing of Berger 6mm 65 gr Target BTs went real well and I'm readying further testing at around 3200 in my 24" 6x45. They"ll get tossed around by the wind, but the little buggers only have a 3.5 mil drop at 600 at that speed. They'd probably work wonders on filthy little P-Dogs. Trying them in GiGi will be a future project.
Ugh. GiGi's spare bolt will lock down on her sized brass but has a tough reopen. A few pieces required a few light taps with yee olde rubber mallet. Bumped a few pieces down 0.005" and all good. Headspace of the spare (a Spikes) is inside the sheared Toolcraft. Should be fun pulling the 110 match rounds I have, bumping and reseating. Looks like I'll have some good practice rounds!

Do not attempt Berger 65 gr BT's in ARC! Did further testing in my 6x45. SD of 4 at 3200. 3 shot groups were 1/2 MOA or better. The problem is I was shooting five shot groups and there would be 2 which were 2-3 inches away from the others in any given direction (and never both in the same direction). Got home, just barely seated one, put it in the chamber and slammed the bolt down. Jump was over 0.15" from what I had loaded at max mag length. Jump will be worse in ARC.  Bearing surface is only .202" so I'm guessing if they don't jump perfectly, they wobble down the barrel and beyond. The 80 gr SPs from American Reloading with squished tips actually shot much better overall groups -the "flyers" were less frequent and didn't fly as far from zero.

And Nozzie's 5.56 barrel appears to be shot out. Not the market to be looking for the replacement you want!
StoneHendge,
I will be loading the Berger 65gr BT's. What COAL/CBTO are you using. I can load them .020 or closer if need be.
will be shooting them out of the SixFive 20" Barrel and an X-Cal. 12" Barrel (gas gun).