New Monster 20 6Arc S/D assembled, ready to go
Received the new Monster 20" 6 Arc barrel, it is a beauty (SND but still plenty good lookin!).
I have it assembled in a spare upper and set up on the existing 6 Arc lower, hope to do the break in routine this weekend.
The handguard is a generic (Matrix arms) and the "black" doesn't match the black of the aero upper, but all in all the critters in the woods won't be close enough to notice!!
Congrats!! Mine is in the mail, when it gets here it will replace the CMMG 20”er. Keeping my fingers crossed that it loves the 90 grain ELD-X, the CMMG barrel wasn’t fond of them.

What break in routine are you going to use, post your results after you get it to the range.

Trashy
Trashy
Sorry, pics or it didn't happen...

JG
(02-27-2021, 01:22 AM)Trashy Wrote: Congrats!!  Mine is in the mail, when it gets here it will replace the CMMG 20”er.  Keeping my fingers crossed that it loves the 90 grain ELD-X, the CMMG barrel wasn’t fond of them.

What break in routine are you going to use, post your results after you get it to the range.

Trashy

I’m wishing Hornady would load the 90 gr ELD-x in factory loads. I’m a fan of velocity and don’t shoot far enough to need the high BC of the heavier load.

I should look into reloading, but don’t shoot enough to make it seem cost effective.

The 12 inch Monsters should be in soon, and I’ll build an SBR to go with my 18” Odin barreled upper.
(02-27-2021, 12:32 AM)grayfox Wrote: Received the new Monster 20" 6 Arc barrel, it is a beauty (SND but still plenty good lookin!).
I have it assembled in a spare upper and set up on the existing 6 Arc lower, hope to do the break in routine this weekend.
The handguard is a generic (Matrix arms) and the "black" doesn't match the black of the aero upper, but all in all the critters in the woods won't be close enough to notice!!

Did you get one of Six Sigma's barrels as well?
SBRSarge, If they did unfortunately it would be just as scarce as anything else, and with components just as scarce it is not the greatest time to get into reloading or I would recommend it to you, it’s a great winter hobby.

LVR is pushing the 90 ELD-x’s on average in the 3030 FPS range in my cmmg barrel without issues but accuracy is not stellar (1.25-1.50”). Have a seating ladder loaded from 10k - 50k off lands, waiting for weather to get dry to see if that helps the accuracy any. When I find an accurate load with the 90 at 3000 FPS without issues my load development will be done and it will time to load for volume.

Trashy
Trashy
(02-27-2021, 12:32 AM)grayfox Wrote: Received the new Monster 20" 6 Arc barrel, it is a beauty (SND but still plenty good lookin!).

Got mine 2 days after John mailed it. It's a winner, very few scratches, a little discoloration at the bottom of the front of the barrel, but otherwise she's perfect. Got a Matrix upper and handguard coming and will scratch up the rest out of my parts box to build my upper. As Mom always said "Pretty is as pretty does."
Like a kid in the candy store!
A wild flower growing up thru the cracks in the sidewalk. - Problem child
Mine looked to have some splotches on the gray but a little kroil to clean it and bang! good and clean! Couple of slight marks about where the thicker part of the barrel (near the chamber) starts to narrow to barrel diameter but totally under the HG and most barrels I do get a couple like that just from me putting it all together. The stainless GB journal is shiny, the Monster guy is great...
First shots were just that, I was also zeroing in a new optic... my last 3 105 factories went horizontal but <1/2" vertical at 100 yds, ~1.5" wide... I know it was mostly my wiggle. So that's positive. And a 103 Eldx load I developed on hand, grouped right at 1", so for < 20 rounds down the tube I'd say we're off to a good start. There's some extra throat room (as Krys explained it) so loading the 105's etc should give me some more powder space... not that I want to load more powder but we'll see what shows up over the chrony.

I did not get one of the 6 sigma barrels, I had the faxon coming in and then these came in sooner, so that's the path I'm on. I did order a Uintah for a bolt action. This monster and the Uintee should keep me busy for a while.
Shooting felt good, rifle stayed nice and tight, on target.
You guys are making me anxious for the 12 inch barrel. I’m still waiting on a BCM upper to be in stock to build the 12” onto, but I can always take apart one of my unused upper builds in a pinch.

Trashy: 3000 fps with a 90 grain should do the trick for what I envision using my 18” build for, a someday-I’m-gonna-do-that antelope hunt. I might never do an antelope hunt, but at least I’ll have a gun for it!
From my emails it seems all the parts I've ordered are in route and last night I dug out a NB BCG/Maxim bolt so the only thing left to get is a proper dust cover and range time. Boy howdy!
A wild flower growing up thru the cracks in the sidewalk. - Problem child
Sometimes the parts I ordered, I find one in my parts bin.
O well, always need a spare!
Going to measure bullet-chamber oal's with my comparator today.
(02-28-2021, 03:53 PM)grayfox Wrote: Sometimes the parts I ordered, I find one in my parts bin.
Their is no such thing as spares... only the start of a new rifle, they are like seeds that sprout into new things.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
So, Dino, you're saying when I find a gas tube rattling around in my box, it must become a new rifle?  Cool
:: 6mmARC Target Cartridge with Hunting Capability :: 6.5 GRENDEL Hunting Cartridge with Target Capability :: 
:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
I watered and tended a stripped lower until it sprouted and grew into a 6ARC.
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
:: 6mmARC Target Cartridge with Hunting Capability :: 6.5 GRENDEL Hunting Cartridge with Target Capability :: 
:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
Yah. Lowers seem to have the dna... or stem cells if you will.....
(03-02-2021, 03:33 PM)Dino11 Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 03:53 PM)grayfox Wrote: Sometimes the parts I ordered, I find one in my parts bin.
Their is no such thing as spares... only the start of a new rifle, they are like seeds that sprout into new things.

I would say eventually it will end up in a new rifle, in all the years I have been shooting the AR platform I have never had to replace a gas tube.

I to have a spare gas tube in a box, it is a rifle gas +2" that i got to have as a spare because they are hard to find in stock even before this pandemic mess. Smile
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
Got my S&D Monster 20 6mm ARC barrel today (post office was a few days late).
No scratches or dents! A bit of oil and a paper towel and minor splotches went away.
Assembly went great. If things work out on Saturday I'll give an initial range report with factory 105 ammo.
I was a bit disappointed that the Hornaday black ammo rattles in it's boxes, a small bit of foam wouldn't have made much of a price jump. Measured OAL of the black is the 2.200 variety.
Range Report, BCA rifle that I swapped the 6mm ARC Monster 20.  Larue trigger.
One sighter shot at 50 yards then the other 39 and 100 yards.  One cleaning at 16 rounds.
I am satisfied with the results and look forward to other's reports with the Monster.
Sorry, last 10 round group didn't get into the pics, it was 1.690" and I think would shrink next range day after cleaning the barrel.
Factory Hornady 105 black ammo.        

Attached Files Image(s)

Good to hear! I will be doing some more rounds later this week on mine.
Along with my (hopefully) 22" Uintah...
A 6Arc day!!