Hi, I am a new member
I am an old guy who still enjoys the shooting sports. I read a lot and have a great interest in ballistics and what makes bullets fly better. From all my research I believe that the new 6mmARC is a superior cartridge in the AR15 platform. I hope to live long enough to purchase  the ammo as I cannot find any for sale on the planet. NO, I have not purchased a upper or bolt gun yet because there is no ammo with which to shoot it.   Huh
Welcome to the 6mm ARC forums charliebrown. I'm an old shooter myself that still enjoys making guns go bang. I agree that the 6mm ARC is probably the best cartridge for the AR15 yet devised. I ordered a AR barrel back in September. I also ordered ammo for it at the same time so when my barrel finally arrives I'll have something to shoot. I have the ammo but I'm still waiting for that barrel. I recently ordered a bolt gun upper that fits on an AR lower. I'm wondering which one I get first. Getting anything gun related these days is an exercise in frustration... Rolleyes
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
Welcome!
(02-27-2021, 05:29 PM)charliebrown1999 Wrote: I am an old guy who still enjoys the shooting sports. I read a lot and have a great interest in ballistics and what makes bullets fly better. From all my research I believe that the new 6mmARC is a superior cartridge in the AR15 platform. I hope to live long enough to purchase  the ammo as I cannot find any for sale on the planet. NO, I have not purchased a upper or bolt gun yet because there is no ammo with which to shoot it.   Huh

Just get the rifle coming Rolleyes If you get the rifle the ammo will come. Word is Hornady is doing a run in the next few weeks. Are you a reloader?

Welcome aboard.
Welcome aboard.

Ammo is out there, I have been getting it at one of my local gun shops for 24.99 a box, no bulk ammo packs though. And they do not have a limit on how much you can buy. The funny thing about that is all the other ammo in the store has a two box limit. I think I am the only person buying the ARC ammo because every time I go in the store I check the shelf and it always has the same amount on it unless I buy some.

I just started buying factory ammo again as I have a new rifle and I want the brass from the ammo to reload for the new rifle. I want to keep the brass segregated from my brass I shoot from my other rifles.

I was floored the other day when I went on Ammoseek and somebody wanted $55.00 a box of 20, thats 2.75 a round. Thats just flat out wrong and I hope they don't sell it and choke on it.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
welcome to the group from another OLD guy. However, young at heart.
(03-01-2021, 01:55 AM)Dino11 Wrote: "I was floored the other day when I went on Ammoseek and somebody wanted $55.00 a box of 20, thats 2.75 a round. Thats just flat out wrong and I hope they don't sell it and choke on it."

Dino, my first reaction was like yours thinking people are price gouging but looking with a eye toward economics points that the system is working.
The way markets work low demand goods costs less and high demand cost more and producers will make more of high demand goods in response.
The stock market works this way.  Would you be angry that a stock you invested in went up 300%?  How about if it fell 50%?
Supply and demand works to efficiently price goods in a free market.
But Dang! Prices are crazy right now!
(03-01-2021, 11:01 PM)Lemonaid Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 01:55 AM)Dino11 Wrote: "I was floored the other day when I went on Ammoseek and somebody wanted $55.00 a box of 20, thats 2.75 a round. Thats just flat out wrong and I hope they don't sell it and choke on it."

Dino, my first reaction was like yours thinking people are price gouging but looking with a eye toward economics points that the system is working.
The way markets work low demand goods costs less and high demand cost more and producers will make more of high demand goods in response.
The stock market works this way.  Would you be angry that a stock you invested in went up 300%?  How about if it fell 50%?
Supply and demand works to efficiently price goods in a free market.
But Dang! Prices are crazy right now!

I could see 30 to 35 bucks for a box, but 55 is out of realm of reality. It's not like the demand is high that the asking price is justified. I mean how many 6 ARC guns are out their needing feeding that bad. And ammo is out their, I have three shops within a 20 min drive from me with it on the shelf. The most expensive is 29.99 a box of 20, and it has been on the shelves for a little while now.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.