Hornady brass
I called Hornady on 6-30-2020 and asked when they were going to start shipping arc brass since I’ve had brass on back order at Midsouth since a day after it was announced.

The nice lady at Hornady told me they were still 30-60 days out before shipping.  Anybody heard anything different?  Trying to figure out my next purchase since I will only have 60 pieces from the 3 boxes of 105’s I was able to get.

I’m open to all ideas, I know it will be awhile before the market catches up.

Trashy Cool
Only other option from trying to use 6.5 Grendel brass is to use Starline basic 6.5 Grendel brass. The basic is virgin brass which has not been sized to 6.5 Grendel. This brass is intended for wildcat cartridges based off the 6.5 Grendel case.

I suspect you’d have to trim the cases then anneal the basic brass to use in the 6 mm ARC. I have a Friend who is using 6.5 Grendel basic brass in his 22 Grendel.

https://www.starlinebrass.com/grendel-basic
(07-04-2020, 01:43 AM)VASCAR2 Wrote: Only other option from trying to use 6.5 Grendel brass is to use Starline basic 6.5 Grendel brass.  The basic is virgin brass which has not been sized to 6.5 Grendel.  This brass is intended for wildcat cartridges based off the 6.5 Grendel case.

I suspect you’d have to trim the cases then anneal the basic brass to use in the 6 mm ARC.  I have a Friend who is using 6.5 Grendel basic brass in his 22 Grendel.

https://www.starlinebrass.com/grendel-basic

Thank you sir,  I have contemplated acquiring the starline basic brass but there is too much lead in my butt.  At least while the weather is more suited to riding my bike, I will re-evaluate it this winter if the market is not there when it is more better to be coupled up in a small room.  

Trashy
I wouldn’t waste my time trying to fire form 7.62x39 brass to 6 MM ARC even though FF x39 brass tends to run shorter and might not need to be trimmed as much. Honestly I could make do with 60 rounds of factory brass or buy more ammo till factory brass becomes available.

I wouldn’t go to the trouble of using the Starline basic brass but it was the only other current option to my knowledge. At least the Hornady brass should last for several reloads.
I am of the same opinion. I suspect that things will have loosened up by winter but if they haven’t I’ll start burning brains cells on my options.

Trashy