Howa Mini 6mm ARC build
Evening all, thought I'd start a build thread on my first 6mm in 25 years.

This is my 3rd Howa mini action I like em.  Some will grumble about the Mag release and a lack of floor plate but I like the dynamics of the short action slick action which feeds the Grendel case like butter.

The 20 inch Grendel HB came off without drama and my gunsmith did an awesome job with a profile similar to the one that came off, albeit with an 2 extra inches and smidge more around the knox.  Overall weight shouldn't be much more than before.

Arc Ballistics UK made the reamer and a Bartlein 1:8 twist barrel was used.

I have some Hornady Black 105gr HPBT ammo for run in and I've already converted some 6.5 Grendel Hornady cases using the Hornady 2 die set.

Off to the range shortly for run in...

Attached Files Image(s)

Very nice. Can't wait to see your results.

JG
Nice build! Yes I had and sold a howa but have come back. That action is a nice one.
Currently breaking in a 6.5 HB.
(03-04-2021, 01:20 AM)Bill Wrote: Evening all, thought I'd start a build thread on my first 6mm in 25 years.

This is my 3rd Howa mini action I like em.  Some will grumble about the Mag release and a lack of floor plate but I like the dynamics of the short action slick action which feeds the Grendel case like butter.

The 20 inch Grendel HB came off without drama and my gunsmith did an awesome job with a profile similar to the one that came off, albeit with an 2 extra inches and smidge more around the knox.  Overall weight shouldn't be much more than before.

Arc Ballistics UK made the reamer and a Bartlein 1:8 twist barrel was used.

I have some Hornady Black 105gr HPBT ammo for run in and I've already converted some 6.5 Grendel Hornady cases using the Hornady 2 die set.

Off to the range shortly for run in...

Hope it shoots great! Let us know!!
Congratulations: Look forward to reports on target & in the field.
Hey Songdog been battling record rain so not alot of range time. Machinist lent me a spare MDT chassis he had whilst he finishes a KRG bravo style one for me. The MDTs a bit heavier than Id like and the cheek riser is a little high. Anyway hoping for a range session over the weekend, might throw some 105 Hybrid Bergers in the mag and see how they go.

(03-25-2021, 02:21 AM)CZ527 Guy Wrote: Congratulations: Look forward to reports on target & in the field.

Attached Files Image(s)

Very nice.
I went a different route.
Used a Savage 10 Action.

Attached Files Image(s)

thats a solid set up skyrep, Bolt knob looks awful close to the occular ??

Hows it shooting ? Im off to the range today to try and find a sweet spot for my 55gr NBT and 90gr Scenear loads. I also dropped a 1lb trigger and actuator spring in, feels nice and light.
    Bill,

No problem with the bolt knob.  The Shaw barrel is shooting better than i expected.
Have worked up some good loads with the heavy rounds (105 HPBT, 108 ELD-M & 110 A-Tips).  My surprise was H4895 for the heavy's. 
Just started load development for the 90gr Scenear-L.  (8208xbr, AR-Comp & CFE223).
here is the load i did this past weekend with the A-Tips:
Realize this post is quite old BUT, mind sharing how much H4895 you were running in this ? 1/2 MOA and good velocity caught my eye !!