Break-in Completed
Completed the break-in on my new ARC yesterday.  It’s an Aero upper with BA 20” barrel on an Anderson lower with Aero mil-spec insides.  Last 10 rd group in the picture.  All things considered – like the mil-spec trigger, wholly inadequate rest, new barrel, etc – I’m pretty pleased.  MV with the HDY 108 ELD M was about 2600.  I think with an adequate rest and better trigger, and a bit of thoughtful load development, it’s going to turn into a dandy rifle.  Best part was that I bore sighted the Viper in my shop at 7 yds and never touched it; my calculator says that with zero at 200 yds, I should be .8” high at 50 yds.  Just imagine! 

Will be working on loads as I accumulate once fired brass from HDY.  Aside from new unfired brass and powder, I’ve been able to stock up on bullets and primers, and there has been an irregular but adequate supply of the HDY Match ammo on the shelf at the local SW.  WRT bullets, one way or another I’ve obtained HDY 108’s, Nosler RDFs, SMKs, and Barnes Match Burners to work with . . . when I can find some powder.

Attached Files Image(s)

very nice, it will probably pick up 50 ft/s or so after ~100 rounds...
My faxon 20" shoots the 108's at 2625 +/-.
A better trigger will definitely help, they have helped me.
Nice work. I finished my break-in last outing with it... so this time will be finializing the scope cant, firing some factory for speed and group... then starting on load development with grendel-based new brass.