My Monster 20 6 arc build
Now stick a 115 gr RDF in the ARC and run it 100 fps over anyone's published maximum for the next bullet class down......

Note: An RDF has never been known to disintegrate in mid flight. The same can't be said of the A-Tip.
(04-17-2021, 04:27 PM)StoneHendge Wrote: Now stick a 115 gr RDF in the ARC and run it 100 fps over anyone's published maximum for the next bullet class down......

Note: An RDF has never been known to disintegrate in mid flight. The same can't be said of the A-Tip.

while i dont have a clue about the rdf in the arc , i never had great luck with them in the gren they start tumbling wildly around 1450y out of the grendel and even the creedmoor at a lil further distance . at some point in the future once i get all my hunting supply needs taken care of ill play with some of the high bc arc stuff and do some testing
An 8 twist Grendel can't stabilize an RDF.
technically it can just up till a certian point which is well inside what mopst ppl will attempt anyways u dont run into any real issues until ur shooting well beyond the point they go subsonic

i had no business trying to shoot that far in that high of wind with no spotter that day
I don't see any wild tumbling. I see a gusty wind, velocity variation and someone wasting ammo.. A 10 fps velocity delta equals 8" of drop at that range - with 140 RDFs at 2760 in my 6.5 CM. A 3 mph wind shift is almost 4 feet of drift
(04-17-2021, 06:00 PM)StoneHendge Wrote: I don't see any wild tumbling. I see a gusty wind, velocity variation and someone wasting ammo.. A 10 fps velocity delta equals 8" of drop at that range - with 140 RDFs at 2760 in my 6.5 CM. A 3 mph wind shift is almost 4 feet of drift
that was just beyond transonic had no choice that day it would have been another month before i could try again  i gota find my 1800y video i shot on a calm day  thats were u can see what happenes with those at extreme ranges but like i said aint many ppl going to even think about trying to go that far anyways
[Image: bZdlW1d.jpg]
my other 75's arrived today theese look like they might be nasty on some critters
heres that speer 75g hp nexto the sierra 75g hp's i have
[Image: zQFgclw.jpg]
so i grabbed my newest tripod just tolearn at the range is has a 3/8's stud and not 1/4 stud damn chrono takes a 1/4 stud so no chrono data , but heres this rifle nailing steel at 400y off the tripod

[Image: EuseZLr.jpg]

[Image: RSdHds5.jpg]
Looking good right there. Is that with the 75g Sierra's?
(05-03-2021, 12:27 PM)Shoreglide Wrote: Looking good right there. Is that with the 75g Sierra's?
 ty,very top dot is the 80g sierra spbt blitz the other 4 are the 75g 1g difference in charge over thats groups barrel doesnt care loves them all witht he bottom group being the best
i got to test out theese speer 75g hp's today
[Image: N3dBmZr.jpg]
shot a large jack rabbit at 154y and there was nothing left it was like his ass was sitting on a pound of tannerite
i just loaded converted all of my geco x39 brass from 6.5 gren to 6mm arc , for the fireforming step ive loaded them with some 90g sierra fmj gamekings that i had with 29g of 6.5 staball and a federal 210 primer it going to be slow af but sinc ei have 20+ pounds of the stuff its perfect for the ff step instead of using up the good powders i have. ill see how it works tommorow when i get out of work ill prolly chrono a few rounds just for ████s n giggles

hogdon says a 100/103g bullet with 30.7g of 6.5 staball = 49.8K presure and 2600 fps so i should be more then safe

the interesting thing is hogdon shows 65 staball beating out all other arc powders except ppv and 2000-mr which shows as slightly behind 6.5 staball with the 110-115g bullets so if i ever decide to buy some lr target bullets like the 110 a-tip or the 115 rdf ill have to do some testing
score !!!!!!!
[Image: W0jbzjS.jpg]
Nice score! I’m mostly jealous of you finding those primers.
(07-14-2021, 05:16 AM)Shoreglide Wrote: Nice score! I’m mostly jealous of you finding those primers.
my lgs has been getting in primers specially the srp mags fair;ly regularly the last 2 months , and aparently primers have been poping up alot at the big online stores as well just getting bought up just about instantly though
Never take pictures of your stash and post it on the internet, your inviting the man into your life. Big Grin 

Supplies are starting to come around in my area as well, NE Ohio, they never really stopped but supplies were very limited and the prices...
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.