Finally got the Monster built
Finally found the time to put the rest of the rifle around my S&D Monster ARC barrel.  Have only shot it with Hornady 108 gr ELD-M, it showed some promise for a new barrel with the groups hovering just over 1 inch at 100 yards.  I have high hopes that its going to love either the 90 gr or 103 gr ELD-X bullets, the 90's are easier to find but I believe I could live with the 103's doing over 2700 fps and consistently at or under 1 inch and be a happy camper!

Trashy
Nice looking rig!
Looking good.
Thumbs Up 
[Image: thumbsup.png] Nifty!
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
Great looking setup! Which Vortex do you have on there?
Looking good trashy. And a good start for group size.

My 18” Odin started out at a bit over 1 moa. Each outing it seems to get tighter. I usually do 20-25 rds each session. The second to last session, (rounds 51-75), averaged .86 moa. The last session, (rounds 76-95), came in at .75 moa. The only cleaning the barrel has gotten was after round 75 when I ran a bore snake through it a few times. (Obviously, I ran a few patches through it when new.)

The Odin seems to do just as well with Black as ELD-M at 100yds.
(04-10-2021, 04:48 AM)SBRSarge Wrote: Looking good trashy. And a good start for group size.

My 18” Odin started out at a bit over 1 moa. Each outing it seems to get tighter. I usually do 20-25 rds each session. The second to last session, (rounds 51-75), averaged .86 moa. The last session, (rounds 76-95), came in at .75 moa. The only cleaning the barrel has gotten was after round 75 when I ran a bore snake through it a few times. (Obviously, I ran a few patches through it when new.)

The Odin seems to do just as well with Black as ELD-M at 100yds.

Yes sir I am hopeful that either the 90 or 103 grain eld-x’s will get me where I want to be with this rifle.  I am also going to try the 103’s in my other ARC and see if it can do better than the 95 gr SST’s that it loves.

(04-10-2021, 04:08 AM)Shoreglide Wrote: Great looking setup! Which Vortex do you have on there?

Shoreglide, that is the 4-12x44 crossfire II with Vbrite reticle.
Trashy