Shaw barrels?
I was stumbling around online today and found Shaw barrels. Their website lists both 6mmARC 18" unfluted heavy and 22" unfluted heavy barrels for $210. This seems to be an excellent deal. 

Has anyone had any experience with Shaw?
College Station, TX
As I recall in general on here as well as 65Grendel.com, shaw is a nice barrel but rack grade, meaning you're kind of flipping a coin as to a good one or not.
If you're looking for a barrel, for the money the Monster ones on here for $160 by sixfive arms, can't be beat, period. I would give them a serious consideration. In the Industry partner/vendor section of this forum.
Thanks, Grayfox. I ordered a Monster 20" blemish barrel. That was a smoking deal at $139 plus shipping. I'll see how it shoots and go from there. Appreciate the heads up!
College Station, TX
RSTX, I have a Shaw Barrel. I ordered a 24" 1-7 twist, 5R barrel from them for my Savage 10 Bolt Action. It shoots very accurate and I am very happy with it.
However, if I was you, I would seriously look at the SIXFive Monster Barrel. I also ordered one of their blemish barrels and am very happy with it.
Thanks, skyrep. I have place an order for a 20" blemished barrel. I'm excited to try it out. I'll keep an eye on the Shaw.

Question: Did you go up on your gas tube length with the 24" barrel? Like, Rifle +2? I'm still learning about AR's, but from what I've read you don't want the bullet to be in the barrel when the bcg starts moving. Doesn't lengthening the gas tube help with this?
College Station, TX
My 24" barrel was for a bolt gun.

Attached Files Image(s)

I have an old Shaw in 7.62x39, it made whacking pork easy peasy. It has been replaced by my first ARC with a 20” CMMG barrel as my primary hog rifle. Still working on the new rifle with Monster 20 barrel but it is showing promise.
Trashy
I had a 22-250 in a Shaw barrel and it was a tack driver, ended up letting my brother have it and he still has it today, that was 10 or more years ago. It still shoots good, gonna have to get him out and give it a shot or two for memory sake, I really enjoyed that rifle.

I to jumped on the monster barrel blem sale, going to build another plinker gun, my son got my Faxon barreled 18" rifle from me, that was my old plinker. But I replaced it with a Uintah Precision bolt gun that I absolutely love. My other rifles are starting to feel neglected as all they now do is sit in the safe. I enjoy shooting and load developing the 6 ARC so much it is almost addicting. It has to be the challenge of it as the round is so new their is not much development yet.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
I've had good luck with Shaw barrel, my buddy uses a bunch to. You may get a dud 1-20 barrels but worth it for the cost, plus Shaw will make it right if it won't shoot.

As for the monter I hope to order from sixfivearms the next day or two, 139 is a great deal for there blem 20" 6 arc . Wish they had a 6.5 grndel barrel for the same price. Green mountain makes good barrels.
All you guys a yackin' -- you better jump in on the 105 bthp's and 103 eldx's out there right now, they will dry up like spit on a hot griddle LOL!!!
I pick up 160 rounds of 108's today for 26.99 a box, bought all they had. Wish they would of had more at that price.

Yeah I know I suck... I really didn't need it.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
(04-16-2021, 10:49 PM)grayfox Wrote: All you guys a yackin' -- you better jump in on the 105 bthp's and 103 eldx's out there right now, they will dry up like spit on a hot griddle LOL!!!

i snagged 3 boxes of the 103’s from Red River Reloading for load development in the monster 20.  The ladders are loaded, the rain has stopped so I will be getting to the range next week to see what happens.  The 2021 Hodgdon manual showed 28.7 grains of StaBall 6.5 as a max charge and compressed under the 103 vapor trail VTAC bullet at 2600+.  Using the 103 ELD-X at 28.7 and 29.0 I did not get any crunching, powder level was right at the shoulder, hoping for good things from the StaBall.
Trashy