second arc build monster 12 6 arc
since some parts are starting to come in figured id post the next build doing this one on a polymer lower , no billet upper this time
going to be a monster 12 6 arc build , with a 12inch hq and kaw valleycomp , low mass bcg , 2.5# drop in trigger still not sure what brace is going to go on this one maybe yet and being topped off with a sig whiskey3 2-7x32
[Image: bDMlI0Q.jpg]
this one is getting sent out for a wild cerakote job after its together
i have just about all the pieces except the brace and barrel here for it
Put together my second Monster build today, this one is going to be my beater rifle. Nothing fancy more budget oriented.

Anderson lower, Rock River upper, Rubber City Armory BCG, MBT2S trigger,Athlon Argos BTR 6X24X50 scope, and a buch of parts I had lying around. Have not added how much I have in it but my guess is around 500 bucks not including the optic.

I polished the Monster barrel on this one, the other 20" Monster barrel rifle I left as received, but it shoots well. Maybe I'll get this one out later this week, hopefully it shoots as good as the other one. My son has a 12" Monster barrel and is waiting on the parts to get it built.

Attached Files Image(s)

If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
Dino how do you like that athlon argos btr scope?
(04-27-2021, 12:36 AM)grayfox Wrote: Dino how do you like that athlon argos btr scope?
I have not had it to the range yet, just got it yesterday. But for the money it has a pretty crisp sight picture and the eye relief is not bad either.  It seems to be a pretty good deal. I got it off Amazon for 323.00 tax and all the way to my door in two days.

They have a pretty good following, I took a few shots with one at the range last year, and I liked the reticle on it, It has very fine cross hairs that don't obstruct the target at distance, I got the Mil version as I like Mil better than MOA.

I'll keep you updated when I get a chance to try it out.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
yeah, I got one (moa) but haven't had a chance or reason to mount it up yet. Seems nice.
It's right now kind of my spare long distance (to 1000) scope.
I have a couple of pst-1 6-24's right now on my long legged pipes. Got them while they were marked down a bit AIRC.

sorry not trying to hijack or anything Smile
[Image: 4eQePrR.jpg]

the hg and everything else was supposed to also show up today but its delayed till tommorow .

the bolt is a new bolt that ill be using in another 6.5/6mm gun to push the limits of the bolt loading close to max bolt gun pressures
rest of my parts arrived just need some time to assemble it now
had just enough time to start mocking it up to check everything out
[Image: dwo8WL8.jpg]
Nice lil Rig. If u chrony it please post the results. I’m interested in a short Barrel version myself.
(05-24-2021, 09:34 PM)BG Shooter Wrote: Nice lil Rig. If u chrony it please post the results. I’m interested in a short Barrel version myself.

I chrono’d my 12” Monster barrel with SiCo Omega suppressor with both the Black and -M factory ammo.

2395fps for each load.
(05-24-2021, 09:34 PM)BG Shooter Wrote: Nice lil Rig. If u chrony it please post the results. I’m interested in a short Barrel version myself.
i will sometime later this week right now im working 7 days a week 60+ hours so getting other things done has been rough
My son built a 12" monster barrel gun, and against my advise put an Odin Works comp on it. Man that thing is hateful, it was so loud that it was giving me error readings on my chrono every time he fired it. I made him move down a couple benches, he copped an attitude with me said it wasn't that loud. Then another shooter said something to him and he put it in the rifle case and shot another one.

I was rather amazed at how well it shot for a short barrel he was ringing steel at 300 yards with no misses.
(05-25-2021, 11:07 AM)Dino11 Wrote: My son built a 12" monster barrel gun, and against my advise put an Odin Works comp on it. Man that thing is hateful, it was so loud that it was giving me error readings on my chrono every time he fired it. I made him move down a couple benches, he copped an attitude with me said it wasn't that loud. Then another shooter said something to him and he put it in the rifle case and shot another one.

I was rather amazed at how well it shot for a short barrel he was ringing steel at 300 yards with no misses.

my 10.5 gren was bad, the 12 isnt as bad heres my 10.5 and the 12 witht he same supressormount on them 

ive got a linear comp on the 12 now makes a damn good difference , so i need to find different qd supressor mounts for all my short barrleled stuff

Linear Comp or a Suppressor are the only things that make sense for short barrels. Otherwise they can get unbearable to shoot for very long. Linear comps do a great job of redirecting the concussion away from the shooter. Run one on my Deer rig. Last one to meet him I heard it fall after the shot. No ringing of the ears. I will definitely be using one with my build. Velocity of @ 2400 isn’t as bad as I expected.. Thanks for the info.
gota stop leaving them unattended in the safe damn things are multiplying, lol theese are just 3 out of the 4 ive done from six five arms top to bottom is 6mm , 6.5mm and 6mm
[Image: AFfmj81.jpg]
I absolutely enjoy my 12” Monster 6ARC barrel. Factory Hornady 103gr ELD-X and 108gr ELD-M were way slow, to be expected from a 12” barrel. I settled on a hand load. Shooting the Hornady 90gr ELD-X, super accurate hovers at half MOA. I know it would shoot tighter if I threw one of my higher magnification scopes on it. I use it for calling coyote out West. So the 1-4 I have on it works fine for it’s purpose as a calling/ truck SBR.

2X Hornady brass
Hornady 90gr ELD-X
CCI450 small magnum primer
31gr Hodgdon’s Lever Evolution powder
COAL 2.190 (.020 off the lands)
Velocity 2541
Standard deviation 2.2
Extreme spread 4
(01-07-2022, 11:50 PM)BiggerHammer Wrote: I absolutely enjoy my 12” Monster 6ARC barrel. Factory Hornady 103gr ELD-X and 108gr ELD-M were way slow, to be expected from a 12” barrel. I settled on a hand load. Shooting the Hornady 90gr ELD-X, super accurate hovers at half MOA. I know it would shoot tighter if I threw one of my higher magnification scopes on it. I use it for calling coyote out West. So the 1-4 I have on it works fine for it’s purpose as a calling/ truck SBR.

2X Hornady brass
Hornady 90gr ELD-X
CCI450 small magnum primer
31gr Hodgdon’s  Lever Evolution powder
COAL 2.190 (.020 off the lands)
Velocity 2541
Standard deviation 2.2
Extreme spread 4

Nice load. I’m envious! 

I’m getting about 200fps less and 1.5 or so MOA out of my 12 Monster with the factory ELD-X ammo. I keep thinking that I need to start reloading, but shoot a relatively low volme so the investment in gear might not pay off.

Hopefully they’ll offer more loads and include either the lighter -X or better yet the CX bullets.
I just built a 12.5" 6 ARC pistol this past Saturday. 
Shot it out to 850 yards with Hornady 105, 106 and 108 grain factory ammo.
I forgot my Magnetospeed to test velocity so I used 2330fps in my ballistic calculator and made hits pretty easily out to 600 yards. 
Hits at 850 yards were not as easy but not real difficult either. 
Pretty Florida day with 10-13 mph left to right wind
I'm very happy with it. Only put 100 rounds thru it but no malfunctions so far once I got it tuned.

17 Design lower/Anderson upper
PSA 6.5G bcg
BA 1/7 twist 16" barrel cut down to 12.5" gas hole opened up
mid length gas system/Adj GB
RT 2 stage trigger
Sba 3 brace
Vortex Venom 5x25x56 milrad scope
I’m very impressed with the 12” Monster ARC barrel. With a 90gr ELD-X @ 2441 fps (Muzzle) I’m good to about 500 yards for a minimum expansion velocity of 1600 fps. I have shot deer @ 500 yards with a 16” 6.5 Grendel so I know for a fact this combo will work. I have only shot coyotes with the rifle so far.

Attached Files Image(s)