18" Ballistic Advantage Build
[Image: PKX8kaf.jpg]

[Image: rVzjtF9.jpg]

108gr ELD-M Velocity: 31st to 40th Round, 77 Degrees, 28.8 in/hg, 48% Humidity - 10 round average of 2525fps
Welcome aboard! Nice shooting, I do like those luth-ar mba-'s.
That's a nice looking rifle, and welcome to the site. 6 ARC's defiantly have a dedicated following. It will soon be the AR rifle that will dominate the platform, it just came out at a bad time when ammo is hard to find. You pretty much need to reload not only to keep shooting but to reach the rounds full potential.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
Welcome aboard! I don't know what I like better - your group hit and is clustered around the aiming point (a rarity on the world wide web) and you noted your temp with your velocity.  But I think what I like best is that your handguard is only as long as it needs to be! We're a rare breed....

Thanks guys - first time I built with serious accuracy in mind. Lapped/Trued the Receiver Face, and Loctite 620'd the Receiver Extension - my attempt at shimming with .001 Stainless Shim Stock, was an abysmal failure, LOL. I'm not thrilled that the Superlative AGB is exposed like that, but I wasn't going to spend ~$180 to make it 3" longer - the role of the rifle, shouldn't see it getting banged around as much as its shorter 5.56/.300BLK brothers. My personal Range is limited to 50yds, so that impact point was calculated via Applied Ballistics, to equal a 100yd zero - but after playing around in Strelok Pro, I'm going to re-zero at 50yds, as that will match up pretty close to the HUD-DMR Reticle in that PA GLx Scope. Mil Turrets, so best of both worlds: BDC or Dialing via DOPE. If my rounds aren't exactly on POA, my ADD kicks in Big Grin
I wouldn't worry about your gas block getting knocked around. M16s and M4s have been doing it for 60 and 30 years respectively, and they see a lot more abuse than your rifle (hopefully) ever sees. In return you don't have 3" of metal far from your rifles fulcrum throwing off its balance.
(05-04-2021, 04:15 PM)StoneHendge Wrote: I wouldn't worry about your gas block getting knocked around. M16s and M4s have been doing it for 60 and 30 years respectively, and they see a lot more abuse than your rifle (hopefully) ever sees. In return you don't have 3" of metal far from your rifles fulcrum throwing off its balance.

Good points.
(05-04-2021, 04:15 PM)StoneHendge Wrote: I wouldn't worry about your gas block getting knocked around. M16s and M4s have been doing it for 60 and 30 years respectively, and they see a lot more abuse than your rifle (hopefully) ever sees. In return you don't have 3" of metal far from your rifles fulcrum throwing off its balance.
Agree...My Knights SR-15 legacy model has an exposed gas block. So does the SR-25 and the Mk12s. All three setups have been used hard overseas with no issues.
Hey SuaSponte maybe you should go post your build and group over on Eagle Eye Shootings 6 ARC AR bashing video Smile
I'll check it out - is that on YouTube?

BTW, at about rounds 45-50, I gained about 60fps at around the same atmospherics as before. 2583fps 5 shot average.
(06-04-2021, 01:13 PM)SuaSponte Wrote: I'll check it out - is that on YouTube?

BTW, at about rounds 45-50, I gained about 60fps at around the same atmospherics as before. 2583fps 5 shot average.
Was it the same lot of ammo? I've had Hornady ammo differ by >30 fps back to back. Even had different colored primers.
That....I didn't think to track - good catch. I've been buying 100rd (20rd singles), and 200rd packs, whenever they are in stock, from different vendors - very well could have been different lots through the Chrono. Next time I'll be sure to log that, thanks.