223 or 6mm ARC for Youth deer hunting rifle in bolt action
Suppose it is just me. been a long time now, like decades I have been mulling over building a fast twist 6 PPC on a mini bolt action & the Arc looks to be a fine chambering to scratch that itch very well. Still I have had many tell me for a youth deer rifle the 223 will be hard to beat. Never been sure I agree with that statement. 

From my perspective what ever rifle fits the youth best, hopefully has the least muzzle blast & they shoot best would be my choice for a youth deer hunting rifle. Now if the both rifles are a similar fit then I suspect the 6MM arc will win every time. What say you? Yes a few states do not allow a 223 as a deer rifle.
Here is an opinion from a non hunter. I'd go with the .223, cheaper ammo so you can afford more practice, less recoil and muzzle blast plus lots of factory ammo choices.
If your state dose not allow anything smaller that .243 for hunting, the ARC or 6.5 Grendel would be fine choices. Right now with ammo being scarce I'd likely go with the 6.5 Grendel that has many more factory ammo loadings. If you reload, the brass for the Grendel has been less hard to get.
If recoil is a primary factor and it's a choice between the ARC and Grendel, the nod goes to the ARC.
Where I live a 223 is not legal for deer hunting. I have a 10 yr old grandson who was shooting my 6 creed, 100 yds, less than 1" off a bench, so a 6ARC bolt or 6.5 Grr bolt would be my choice. I reload so either one is no problem as far as getting a good load for it.
Stock fit and trigger were both key elements for him, in his case he did not like the single stage timney (on a 243 also shot well), went for the lightened up ruger trigger I have on my 6cm...
You don’t say what type of deer so I’m guessing it’s going to be whitetail that the youth is going to be hunting. Do the deer a favor and be humane, go with the 6.5 Grendel. As much as I love both my ARC’s the Grendel is going to be more forgiving in field conditions with buck fever if the shot is off by any margin.

I have two Grendels also and they both have a soft recoil impulse, my daughter in law and a friends wife have both taken deer with them and have since done their best to buy them from me. Daughter in-law gave up .308 win for a Grendel and my friends wife gave up a .243 win for a Grendel. I just finished the friends wife’s Grendel, waiting on parts for the daughter in law’s and my friend’s grendel (yes I am building one for him to now, he’ s switching from 6.5 Creedmore to Grendel).

The Grendel will also give you more factory options and availability, if you don’t reload it’s your only option IMHO. Don’t get me wrong the 6 ARC is wonderful cartridge my first arc took 22 hogs, 2 bucks and a doe last year none of which needed tracking. But for you’re youth needs I have to give the nod to the Grendel. Good luck, hope this helps some.
Trashy
I do reload & fee there are ok to good bullet options for 223. For the 6mm there are a lot of Good bullet options. For the 6.5 Grendel there are a lot of good bullets for deer hunting as well. For a recoil conscious hunter I am very confident the 6mm arc will do fine on Whitetail & even Mule deer as long as the hunter may take their time & choose their shot.

In all likelihood we would be hunting whitetail. Although both Whitetail & Mule Deer can be options in our state.

Expect we will practice a lot with a 223. Suppose we may try out the 6mm ARC & the 6.5 Grendel & see what he is shooting best. Which one looks to offer him the most confidence.
The 6mm is a much better choice. I do not see a single aspect where the .223 comes close to matching the 6mm ARC for deer hunting. Do the deer a favor and use the 6.
After 6 months of working W the 6mm Arc & reflecting I am very much in favor of the 6mm if you have one. Lot like I am in favor of a silencer if you have one. Only thing is I do not have a silencer. To bad I do not use a silencer & thus my son could have the benefit of the recoil & more importantly muzzle blast mitigation. Then a lot more calibers would be on the table for consideration.

Personally used the 6mm Arc for deer this fall & with a sample of one I was very impressed in terms of recoil friendly 1st & in this instance terminal performance was phenomenal. First time I intentionally want after the Brachialplexus, Or central nervous system. Suppose I missed the mark a bit high catching the lower spine. Deer was DOA of the 108 GR Elite hunter with a 250 yard shot.

Unfortunately my son was not able to join dad for a hunt this fall. Hope we can change that this coming year.