Coming Aug 2021 MONSTER ULTRALITE GAS BLOCK
Gentlemen, the armament elves at SIXFIVE have not been sleeping.

We're pleased to announce that our new MONSTER ULTRALITE GAS BLOCK is now in manufacturing and will be ready for sale in early August.

It will be a low-profile, clamp-on style, fitting .750 gas journals, with ultra-lite lightening cutouts, and the screw heads will be shrouded within the block to preserve a sleek appearance and so that they don't contact the inner diameter of your handguard. Value-priced as always.

I prefer clamp-on models over set-screw models because, even though a set screw is the cheap and easy way to do it, I think a clamp-on provides both a tight gas seal and a tighter overall attachment. If you think about how a set-screw gas block works, as you tighten the screws on the bottom, the top of the gas block is pulled down onto the gas port hole — so far, so good — but the rest of the gas block is actually pushed AWAY from contact with the barrel; and this is exacerbated if there is any tolerance mismatch between the barrel's gas block journal and the hole drilled in the set-screw gas block. A clamp-on version avoids this, and gives us a best-of-both-worlds proposition, providing even contact around the circumference of the barrel. (The bottom of the barrel will also not be marred by the set screws, should you want to resell the barrel.) Having said that, the differences in practice between clamp-on and set-screw models are small and it comes down more to personal preference.

Bottom line: The MONSTER Ultralite Gas Block — like James Bond — does the job well, and does it in style. [Image: cool.png]

See attached 3D CAD drawing.

:: 6mmARC Target Cartridge with Hunting Capability :: 6.5 GRENDEL Hunting Cartridge with Target Capability :: 
:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::