ASC 6.5 Grendel Mag issues
Has anyone had capacity issues with the ASC mags? I bought 3 of their 10 rounders for my ARC. Could only get 5 rounds in the first mag, opened the second and it was the same. I was so frustrated at that point I haven’t even tried the third one. Sent an email to ASC and still haven’t heard from them. Anyone else experience a similar issue?
I think ASC actually sells 5-rounders. They're the same size as a 10, just blocked inside to limit capacity. Maybe they just sent you the wrong ones?
:: 6mmARC Target Cartridge with Hunting Capability :: 6.5 GRENDEL Hunting Cartridge with Target Capability :: 
:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
(05-18-2021, 03:40 PM)BluntForceTrauma Wrote: I think ASC actually sells 5-rounders. They're the same size as a 10, just blocked inside to limit capacity. Maybe they just sent you the wrong ones?

Yes they do sell 5 rounders also and that may have been what they did. I just take issue with their quality control because these were packaged as 10 rounders with labeling and part number to match.
(05-18-2021, 04:43 PM)BassinDmax Wrote:
(05-18-2021, 03:40 PM)BluntForceTrauma Wrote: I think ASC actually sells 5-rounders. They're the same size as a 10, just blocked inside to limit capacity. Maybe they just sent you the wrong ones?

Yes they do sell 5 rounders also and that may have been what they did. I just take issue with their quality control because these were packaged as 10 rounders with labeling and part number to match.
When I bought mags for my 6mm ARC I got two ASC 5 rounders. Both mags only held 4 cartridges. I could almost get the 5th round end but it wouldn't slide under the mag lips. I disassembled the mags & cut only one turn off the bottom of the mag springs. After reassembling, both mags now hold 5 rounds.

I also think they sent you 5 rounders in 10 rounder packaging. Rolleyes
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
I can get 10 rounds in my ASC 10 round mags, I have one that I use almost exclusively that I am putting through a durability test and it,s going strong.

The ASC mags seem to have a stronger spring in them compared to all my other metal mags.

I also have three of the Amend2 mags, they work well but are a little harder to load, and they won,t take the long loaded round that I shoot out of my bolt gun. I load for the bolt gun at 2.295 to 2.300 with the Nosler 105 RDF's.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
While I can’t comment on the durability or functionality of ASC 6 ARC mags of any capacity, I can tell you that the ten, 10 round 6.5 Grendel magazines I use interchangeably in 2 Grendel’s and 2 ARC’s have thus far been bomb proof. YMMV.
Trashy
I have never had an ASC mag that didn't have problems aside from 10 round 5.56.

10 round 6.5G, 15 round 6.5G. 25 round 6.5G. 20 round .308. 20 round 5.56. All crap.

The last one is a 25 round 6.5G mag. The case mouth of a 6mm won't even clear the lip.
I have two 10 round ASC 6ARC mags. and two 15's. While I haven't run hundreds of rounds through them they have each handled several dozen rounds without a hiccup. Same goes for the Grendel mags. Each one loads the correct amount of rounds.