Eagle Eye Shooting Review

Thoughts?
He lost me at "it's: great for PRS in a bolt gun, but only 7 round mags work"

Great news on barrel life though!
Kenny does some great no nonsense & quite informative videos & in terms if informative. Thumbs up!

Love to hear a bit more information on Lapua brass life & Capacity impact. Great job!
I saw his first video when it came out and it convince me to change over my Savage 10 GR in 6.5 Creedmoor to the 6mm ARC. Converted the bolt face to PPC Bolt face, ordered the 24" Barrel 1/7 twist 5R barrel. Using the MDT 6BR Magazines (the 224 Volk also works). i've got just over 780 rounds down the pipe now. Shoot it every week and now doing load development for the 20" Monster Barrel Gas Gun.
Hmm! 1.950” trim length?
Trashy
I trim my brass to 1.4850 (corrected) - darn typing is bad.
SAAMI max case length is 1.490........
His typing in his video must be bad also or he’s loading a different 6mm ARC than I am.
Trashy
Eagle Eye review perhaps a bit controversial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz7h_YiDUNQ
IMHO that’s the pot calling the kettle black. There is a reason that baseball caps have adjustable hat bands.
Trashy
I tend to agree with Erik... eagle might do some good in some videos (I haven't seen many of his), but in this one he missed the mark.
Thumbs up to measure, measure, measure... "Feel isn't a measurement."
Ahhhhh, interwebs. The one thing that struck me about Mr. Eagle Eye's video that was being critiqued was that he had 2 kegs and a pound of powder sitting in the window. Hopefully they were empties used as set props and he doesn't actually keep powder on the bench in the window when he is working in brass.....

As too Mr. Corntina, he says he shoots PRS, but I don't see him anywhere in the 2021 directory https://www.precisionrifleseries.com/pro...shooters#C. A Google search does show that he is an accomplished F Class shooter, though.

As always, question everything!
Eagle Eye just followed up with his gas gun review on the ARC. Clearly he's a bolt guy, would his results be better if he put the same time and effort into the AR.

To me his comparison is not valid, he is putting a rack grade rifle up against a match grade rifle. Two completely different animals. He needs to shoot my match grade 6 ARC AR. It will print a 5 shot group inside of a quarter sized hole easily at 100 yards.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
I stopped watching after 5 minutes when his tripod was slipping back and forth on the table and he began to express surprise that his velocity increased as his chamber warmed up with Lever.
There are a number of things wrong about his comparison of the two rifles, his shooting technique among other things but he really lost me when he described bullets as being "ogivey" WTH is that?
Been having a fun little back and forth with him in his comments section and this dude is pretty much an @ssclown. He's local here in Phoenix and likes to talk PRS in his videos, yet there's no Kenny (or Ken, Kenneth, etc.) anywhere in the local club results for 2020 or2021.
Flaws aside, what about his argument that the long 103-110 grain bullets would have better accuracy if they were seated closer (.020 ish) to the lands?
I'll try loading long vs. mag length next range trip with some 108 Eld M. Those who have tried this all-ready I would be most interested in your results, please share. It's the nice thing to do.
(05-25-2021, 04:33 PM)StoneHendge Wrote: Been having a fun little back and forth with him in his comments section and this dude is pretty much an @ssclown. He's local here in Phoenix and likes to talk PRS in his videos, yet there's no Kenny (or Ken, Kenneth, etc.) anywhere in the local club results for 2020 or2021.
 Man he is really full of himself! I had to jump in but I wasn't going to be an assclown myself Smile
That article in accurate shooter (weren't you the one that posted that on 65Grrr?) said that, instead of "chasing lands" ie the 0.000-0.020 off the lands, you get more consistent (although maybe not THE smallest group) by seating most at !0.060-0.080 off. Dino I think also is seating his at 60 off, I have switched to ~that in a couple of loads and do believe it's helping me as well. Now I'm not the dead-on shooter that some are, but this 60-off-ish seems to have some actual engineering and precision-shooter behind it.
Disclaimer I have not tuned in to this latest u-tubby veeedeeeo myself...

I darn sure would listen more to the guys on here and 65Grendel, rather than this unknown tuber.