Started abuse testing a monster mk136 bolt today
50 bolt gun max loads shot today

the plan is shoot 50 , magnaflux the bolt shoot 50 magnaflux the bolt etc etc
the magna fluxing will show me if the bolt is starting to fail at any point if it doesnt fail while shooting lol the plan is run it till it fails or call it a ok at 1000rds
Be sure to wear your eye protection in case something aside from the bolt goes. I'd likely be blind in one eye if I hadn't when I had a case rupture.
(05-30-2021, 11:23 PM)StoneHendge Wrote: Be sure to wear your eye protection in case something aside from the bolt goes. I'd likely be blind in one eye if I hadn't when I had a case rupture.
yeah i forgot to grab any today when i headed out , but being the first 50 rds i wasnt worried enough about it to drive back home , ill have eyes on for the rest of the testing though , need to turn the gas down a tad , the recoil isnt bad by any means but deff a noticable difference from typical ar loads with 85g bullets
Mel, is it a standard Monster bolt or the new stronger one?
(05-31-2021, 06:16 PM)Lemonaid Wrote: Mel, is it a standard Monster bolt or the new stronger one?
its the new one , it looks great, has alot more beef in the areas that need it , should hold up really well , maybe not to max bolt gun loads but im willing to bet somewere between gas gun and bolt gun max this thing will live a very happy life. impurposly pushing it hard since i can maganaflux the bolt to check for issues as i go, the plan is run it to failure or 1k rd count whichever comes first ,
How's the torture testing going?
(06-28-2021, 03:25 AM)StoneHendge Wrote: How's the torture testing going?
at 250 rds , running out of projectiles i dont mind wasting and only thing i can buy locally is 94$ a box a-tips , need to find some cheap bulk 90-100+g stuff to just burn up shooting here soon , so far not a hiccup out of it.

worst case is ill move the bcg over to my grendel and abuse test it there , the only issue with that is no published high pressure loads for me to follow would be more of a guessing game
American Reloading has 100 grain pulls for .16 and Red River has Hornady 100 gr for .24. That’s about the cheapest price for 6mm rite now. Run them over 28.8-29.1 gr of Lever and that’s a warm gas gun load. Should be good enough for testing. Ran about 200 of the Hornady so far with good results. Interested to see how your test turns out.
(06-29-2021, 11:20 AM)BG Shooter Wrote: American Reloading has 100 grain pulls for .16 and Red River has Hornady 100 gr for .24. That’s about the cheapest price for 6mm rite now.  Run them over 28.8-29.1 gr of Lever and that’s a warm gas gun load. Should be good enough for testing. Ran about 200 of the Hornady so far with good results. Interested to see how your test turns out.
ty been running the 90's over 31.8g of 2000-mr
(05-30-2021, 11:13 PM)Mel Wrote: 50 bolt gun max loads shot today

the plan is shoot 50 , magnaflux the bolt shoot 50 magnaflux the bolt etc etc
the magna fluxing will show me if the bolt is starting to fail at any point if it doesnt fail while shooting lol the plan is run it till it fails or call it a ok at 1000rds
Hey. What is the latest on the testing? Just checking in.
Haven't seen Mel here or on the 6.5G forum in a while. Hope everything is ok.
#FJB
I've noticed Mel's absence as well. Also hoping all is OK...
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
Things werent necessarily ok but there getting better.im in the middle of a big lawsuit atm and cant say to much. For the time being im selling off a bunch of my gun stuff to fund the process.

As far as the bolt its 100℅ ok after 500 rounds once the extractor issue is resolved i belive this will be the bolt to use in the gren and arc platforms .
That being said if u plane to convert x39 brass is will not work with this bolt the case rim is larger then gren\arc and oit woill not fit in the bolt.
#2 though i am confidwnt this bolt will live a very happy life even at\near bolt gun max loads on a properly gassed and tunned gas gun if somone wanted to push things with this bolt i would run loads need the middle of the difference between gas\bolt load gun data
Mel... Good to know you're physically OK but selling off gun stuff, that sucks.
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
Sounds like a bummer, Mel. Best of luck.
#FJB
(10-12-2021, 08:21 PM)StoneHendge Wrote: Sounds like a bummer, Mel. Best of luck.

going to abuse the heck out of this bolt with some mag dumps of full power loads with an frt-15 here at some point out of the pistol build
Do you choose a faster powder for lighter rounds? If so, how do you choose which powder to use?
ive just been using what i could get my hands on 2000-mr has proven to be a very nice powder for the 6mm arc in my case
Thumbs Up 
(11-01-2021, 09:14 PM)Mel Wrote: ive just been using what i could get my hands on 2000-mr has proven to be a very nice powder for the 6mm arc in my case

...exactly, supply has been such that it's gotten to be "whatever is available"... Confused  ...I just had an order for 90 ELD-X get halved, and it was only for 2 of the "limited" 100-qty boxes... Dodgy
800rds and counting
200 of them under abuse of an frt