108 GR Elite Hunter Jump forgivness?
Anyone here tried these 108 GR Elite Hunters out yet? I picked up a few boxes in the past few months & have fairly high hopes for accuracy and velocity from a couple bolt actions with a 22" barrel. Hope to have a Savage Axis in hand this next week. Hopefully not long after that Ill be seeing a drop in 6mm Arc barrel show up for a CZ527. Getting a little anxious now.

Expect Ill brake in the barrels with pulled bullets from
I have 200 of the Berger 108gr. Elite Hunter bullets but don't have brass to load them in until I can get to the range & fire form some resized Grendel brass. I hope to do that soon...

CZ527 Guy... If you get some range time with these bullets, be sure to let us know how they performed for you.
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
Expect it may be 2 weeks plus, B4 I start playing with the Berger 108's. Ill be initially breaking in the barrels w some inexpensive pulled bullets that I have HBN coated.
(06-12-2021, 11:29 PM)CZ527 Guy Wrote: Expect it may be  2 weeks plus, B4 I start playing with the Berger 108's. Ill be initially breaking in the barrels w some inexpensive pulled bullets that I have HBN coated.
It's going to take a long time to break in that barrel if you use Nitrided coated bullets. The barrel will probably not build up copper and carbon, but it will not smooth out the lands and the rifling very fast. Just follow the regular recommended break in procedure from the manufacture. I myself only use break in procedure on match grade barrels or if I have one that builds up copper real fast.

I used the Tubbs Final finish kit one time with very good results, I only used the last three grits in the kit because the barrel was pretty smooth from the get go, that barrel still does not build copper very fast. I used the kit to break it in before I sent it out to be Nitrided, and the bore scope of it shows a very smooth and uniform rifling. Now that it does have some copper build it shoots better than it did without any copper in it.

When I got it back from the Nitride it was spotless and it was like I had to break it in all over again, groups are consistently getting better with a little build up in it.

I would just fire copper jacketed non coated bullets in it and keep an eye out on how much and how fast it builds copper, and try to keep carbon build up under control during break in.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.