Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Range testing my 365xl vs my hellcat osp
did some range testing today with my Sig p365xl VS my Sprinfield Hellcat , targets are 6 inch pasters @ 25y shot rapid fire .
the 365xl deffinatly more controllable though i have alot more time/rounds downrange with the sig then i do the hellcat , given some more time with the hell cat i think i could control the snap a lil better, along with getting more used to the u-dot sights on the hellcat vs the more usual 3 dot on the sig

[Image: 1xejUbw.jpg]
[Image: r2ufAxa.jpg]
[Image: p5TzNNY.jpg]
I'm not really into 9mm, actually don't even or ever even owned one. Shot plenty of them, just not my thing. I like the 40 S&W a whole lot more. A very good friend of mine is a US Marshall, he is the armorer for his division. He does a lot of testing of different firearms and ammo. One day I was visiting him and he pulled out a Hellcat, this was when the pistol was just about to be released but not yet on the market. I held that thing and said I need to get me one of these. It just felt right in my hand and had some nice features like nice sights.

Then he started talking to me about testing he had just done with some 9mm and telling me how the round just bounced off windshields. He told me to stick with my 40 and I took his advice. I guess 9mm is a love/hate thing. I know 9mm will not touch my hot 40 loads I use for my carry weapon, we have compared it to some +P 9mm and the 40 smokes it.

You talk about how the Hellcat has a lot of snap, is it more than 40? I am on the fence as to weather I want to purchase a Hellcat, not that I need one but was intrigued at the quality of it for a small caliber CCW pistol for a back up or truck gun.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
(06-19-2021, 10:29 PM)Dino11 Wrote: I'm not really into 9mm, actually don't even or ever even owned one. Shot plenty of them, just not my thing. I like the 40 S&W a whole lot more. A very good friend of mine is a US Marshall, he is the armorer for his division. He does a lot of testing of different firearms and ammo. One day I was visiting him and he pulled out a Hellcat, this was when the pistol was just about to be released but not yet on the market. I held that thing and said I need to get me one of these. It just felt right in my hand and had some nice features like nice sights.

Then he started talking to me about testing he had just done with some 9mm and telling me how the round just bounced off windshields. He told me to stick with my 40 and I took his advice. I guess 9mm is a love/hate thing. I know 9mm will not touch my hot 40 loads I use for my carry weapon, we have compared it to some +P 9mm and the 40 smokes it.

You talk about how the Hellcat has a lot of snap, is it more than 40? I am on the fence as to weather I want to purchase a Hellcat, not that I need one but was intrigued at the quality of it for a small caliber CCW pistol for a back up or truck gun.
the hellcat is deffinatly a snappy gun its controllable as u can see from my target but theres a noticable diference between it and even a reg 365 

heres what i tell everyone who asks me about the 2 , goto a gun store/range and shoot both , my honest opinion is that the 365xl is a better gun then the hellcat not that the hellcat is bad , the hellcat with my hyve mag ext ( same lenght as the factory ext mag) is slightly taller then my 365xl , and the xl is slightly longer but a lil longer barrel usually doesnt make it harder to conceal.

that being said once i have the time at the range with my hellcat i think i can see close to the results i do with my 365xl 

the best combo ive shot so far is the 365xl grip with a reg 365 slide , sig just released the 365x which is exactly this setup ps the 365 with the finger exstenion is the exact hieght as the 365xl with the flush mag and u get 2 more rounds
Committing to firearm is like committing to a women. Talk,flirt, and date. Once you are satisfied that she is reliable and compatible then commit to the relationship. IMHO, only a fool commits without careful evaluation of its character and metal. And in the end, the decision is individual and unique. No one can make it for you.