JP CTR-02 / Proof CF 18” Barrel
Finished my 6ARC build and will keep a log of results.  

The build was inspired by “KB32 Tactical” You-Tube channel build back a year ago which was almost fully finished but missed match use.  It took about 6 months for JP to build receiver set for me and I assembled last week, checked and tested.

JP CTR-02 Matched Upper and Lower 
Proof Research CF 18” 1:7.5 twist Barrel 
Ultradyne Apollo S
JP Mark III Hand Guard
JP Low Mass Bolt Carrier Group (Stainless)
JP Enhanced Bolt 6.5 Grendel
JP Silent Capture Spring (Gen 2)
Radian Raptor Slimline Charging Handle
JP Adj Gas Block
JP Modular Trigger
Battlelink Minimalist Aluminum Stock
Nightforce NX8 4-32x50 Mil-XT Scope
JP 30 Standard Scope Mount
ASC 15 6ARC Magazines (Red)
….color scheme - yes I know it’s boring but that’s me. 

Build
Reasonably straightforward with Thermal fit of barrel being easy thanks to some tips from JP.  The only problem I ran into was checking the headspace as Go/No Go gauges were not readily available.  I rented them from the guys at 4D.  Problem solved.

Adjust/Zero/Test
I have a Bolt action MPA PMR Pro in 6.5 Creedmoor which is a tack driver.  However this Build is sheer awesomeness.  I ran (thanks KB32) 105 grain BTHP (Hornady Black) for the session.  

I did have an issue with double feed on magazines occurring after first 2 rounds or so.  This is a known issue it seems with the ASC magazines which was eliminated quicker by some light filing to smooth the feed lips and use of Lucas Spray Mist. 

After adjusting gas block, zeroing scope and getting a few “get to know you” time I went to test confirm on consistent 3-shot group sizes.  It was getting later in the day but all were around the 0.5 MOA at 100 yards.

If and when I manage to find small rifle primers I’ll post reload results. 

For the moment I will keep running the Hornady Black 105 ammo and collect the brass. This seems to be fine, although I do notice some of the lots are different (primers).

Attached Files Image(s)

Nice setup. Now that what i call a Muzzel Brake.
Sweet build. Did you do a JP BCG too?
(06-15-2021, 07:41 PM)StoneHendge Wrote: Sweet build. Did you do a JP BCG too?

Thanks.  Yes - all JP components. Good catch, I updated Build list to cover those two components.
That is a good looking rifle. I just rebarreld an older LaRue rifle with a Proof CF wrapped 6mm ARC barrel and am quite happy with it. Waiting on the 18" Proof to come in for another upper.
Very Very nice! Exactly similar to mine.... except I did Seekins receivers/handguard and 2.5-20 NX8 and.... Smile Well at least the Barrel and CH are the same Wink