Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Fathers Day ever
I know it's a day early but my son gave me my Fathers day present last night.

I have been wanting one of the Rock Island BBR 45ACP pistols since they were anounced to release the end of 2019. These things are made out of unobtainimum, you just can't find them for sale. I had tried for a long time to get one but finally gave up. Well my son found one and purchased it to give to me for Fathers day.

This one checks all the box's for a CCW weapon. Large caliber, adj rear sight, ported barrel and slide, adj trigger, ramped barrel, 10 +1 capacity, G10 grips, thumb and grip safety. Skeletonized trigger, hammer. And that oh so sweet 45ACP round in a sub compact package. It is about the size of my M&P Shield with a fatter grip because it is a double stack.

I added mag finger extensions to the mags because your pinky just dangled under the grip, their are no aftermarket parts available yet so I used XDM extensions and modified them to fit, looks factory. I also have a Para Ordinance P-10 13 round magazine that I modified to work for a total of 13 +1 rounds of man stopping thump power. That to me is absolutely amazing for a sub compact carry weapon in 45ACP. Abide the gun is on the heavy side weighing in at over 2 lbs, I ordered a nice shoulder rig to carry it along with two spare mags.

I have a Hogue rubber grips for it that will need to be modified to fit, they are for the Para Warthog originally but I don't know yet if I am going to change out the grips, I like the ones on it if they work well keeping this hand cannon in check.

Best Faters day present I have ever received.

Attached Files Image(s)

If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
Congratz on the nifty Father's Day present! Cool  Been loving the 1911A1 .45 Auto since Army qualification in 1965. Your sub-compact looks like fun! Big Grin
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
Here is a picture of it next to a full size Kimber 5" and an ultra rare Kimber Compact 4" from 1998. The Compact has only had two mags shot through it.

Took it to the range on Sunday and put 100 rounds of various ammo through it, junk Perfecta, Winchester white box and some of my reloads loaded light with 200 gn RN. Only had to make a slight sight adj because it was shooting low. Gun never missed a beat, and the recoil is less than any of my .40 I shoot. I was expecting this to be a little bit of a handful. I was wrong it is a very nice shooter. Going to put a couple hundred more rounds through it and put it in rotation if it proves itself worthy. Really liking this one.Need to load some hotter rounds for it since it seem like it can handle some more without being to hard to control. Those ports must really work, I was a little skeptical about them working very well in such a small gun.

Attached Files Image(s)

If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
so cool  Cool
HumanTek is one of the leading software houses in Karachi.