Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BSF Carbon fiber wrapped barrels
Has anyone here ever used their products? I have a chance to grab a new 18” 6mm ARC barrel for a(relatively) nice price, but it’s still a big chunk to spend. At 25+/- oz, it is enticing. Are they truly a premium product?
Why yes, I have had experience with them. It's a good thing you asked. You can read all about my experience on the 6.5G forum here: https://www.65grendel.com/forum/showthre...hlight=BSF

I'm frankly shocked that they are still around.
#FJB
Definitely not a ringing endorsement!
My use would be primarily hunting, so heat buildup is not a big concern. I’d like to put together something light and relatively handy while having good accuracy. Maybe my original plan for a light 18” X-Caliber barrel is the better option.
It was fun reading that 3 years later. I forgot that one of the mods stepped in to change the thread title! If your looking for something light and handy, my Lilja 16" comes in at around 28 oz and I can certainly give it a ringing endorsement. Looks Rebby has some on hand and its certainly well worth the few bucks more than an X Caliber. https://sixsigmaarms.com/products.php?d=63

There's a coupon code for a few bucks off floating around somewhere on the 6.5G forum
#FJB
Thanks for the tip! I’m going to look down that rabbit hole now.
Well, I went ahead and got one ordered over the weekend. If it performs anything close to yours, I’ll be very happy.
Most excellent. I'm sure you'll be happy with it. Are you going to run an AGB? Highly recommended with the MLGS.
#FJB
I run adjustable gas on pretty much everything these days. This is a lightweight build similar to your Rubin, which I discovered while reading through your build thread.
Barrel showed up on Friday. Most $ I’ve paid for a barrel to date, and a finely machined piece of steel it is! Now I have 2 6ARC builds to complete.