112 Match Burners
Anyone here try Barnes 112 Match Burners or have any opinions of them? I have a few I'm gonna play with but figured I would see if anyone had any experience with them. They are LONG and sleek and I've heard they really like to jump big...also heard otherwise. I guess it's one of those things that depends on barrel, load, yada yada yada. They remind me of VLDs with their profile. Hopefully I can get out next week and do some guinea pig tests on them and make something happen.
Well noob learned a lesson today that I'm sure many of the more experienced guys here already knew. I don't have a chrono currently so no numbers to share but will say they shoot. For starters, the variance in OAL or base to ogive isn't as bad as I heard in the past of the Match Burners....did I mention they are cheap!? Barnes must have stepped up their QC nowadays. In the 50 rounds I loaded last night I had a couple that were 2-3 thou longer than the rest which brings up the biggie. They are LONG and have to be loaded to magazine length which puts the taper of the boat tail at or just below the neck. With 29.5 gr of Leverevolution there is room still, 30.1 gr is getting close. It's probably a little hot at 30.1 gr but I saw no I'll effects on the brass and they shot great. If I remember correctly though, Lever can get a little spicy real quick when getting into this area?

Not much more to add, but I had two 5 shot MOA groups at 100 after an initial to check gas block settings since I started using my Form 1 can today. Also had two ~3" groups at 200 which is a first for me since I've never shot paper past 100 before. Also first round hits on 12" steel at 400, 500, and 600 yard steel. It's predictable for me but I'm still doping my rifle.

TLDR--- they shoot, but magazine length makes powder choice a consideration
Thanks for the report. I have a few hundred of the 112 MB's I haven't got to reloading yet so good to know they can be of use.
CFE223 112gr match burners cci 450s 2.260
20" BA AR-15
26.5 2363
26.8 2369
27 2396
27.3 2424
27.5 2448

28.5 2541
28.8 2569
29 2604

for reference factory hornady 105:
2696 average, high a whopping 2841

hornady 108:
2621 average, high 2696
Wow, am I reading that right?
2604 with 29gr of CFE in a 20"?

That's a whole lot faster than I figured. I thought the 0.2- 0.3 mil I had to dial down was due to the suppressor and/or tailwinds. Thank you
Tls, what is your jump and is the mag length you are referring to 2.26 or something else? My Duramag's allow around 2.30
#FJB
1.680 base to ogive, I didn't measure COAL.
My jump is 0.065
I didn't have much room at all in my ASC magazines. The two or three rounds that didn't fit just had a burr on the tip from the hollow point and that was what interfered. Lol