Criterion Barrels?
I sent an email to Criterion barrels about a week ago. Here's the response:

Paul,
We have already produced barrels in 6mm ARC and are currently evaluating the cartridge.  This requires evaluating several different lengths, twists, and a wide range of ammunition.  After we toast a few barrels we will make an evaluation on the viability of a full production run.  I greatly appreciate your interest in our products, please let me know if you have any other questions.
Sincerely,
Michael Ross 
W172N13050 Division Rd. | Germantown, WI 53022
Phone: (262) 628-8749  |  www.criterionbarrels.com
Does that mean they are gauging the market to see what the interest and demand are??
I think Mark at PF can do these in criterion... about an 8 wk lead time is what he emailed me.
Think he'd do a 18" RLGS? I know he traditionally has done an intermediate on his 18" barrels. I did the Hybrid contour that Criterion does on their SS barrels. It's somewhat reminiscent of the profile BTF does on the Monster barrels.

https://criterionbarrels.com/products/ar...5-barrels/
It's worth a call to him, see what he says...
I have a question on the gas lengths.

I notice at least Proof and Odin? I believe are running longer than standard gas systems for 16"-20". Is the +1 and +2 gas having the biggest effect on the recoil impulse or dwell? Or is the gas length another one of those items that affects the system as a whole (load, suppressed/unsuppressed, etc)??

Was originally working on a Grendel build for dipping my toes in casual PRS but with this new cartridge looking the way it is, my direction may have changed. Precision Firearms only has Criterion blanks currently, and they have standard gas lengths it seems. Are the + gas lengths necessary for reliability/shootability, or luxuries? I'm slowly (very slowly) learning that there is a lot to running these gas guns and especially everything under the 'precision shooting' umbrella.

Thank you in advance.
I don’t know if this will answer your questions but I am running a cmmg 20” barrel with a RLGS and it has not had any problems or malfunctions and ate every thing I have fed it. With that said I have not torched the barrel with a mag dump But that is not what I built this rifle for. Hope this helps somehow.
Trashy
I have the faxon in 20”. A good length imo. And rlgs. We talked about this in another thread, consensus was, iirc, the +gas lengths were not necessary. My faxon shoots all the 105s and the 103 handloads I’ve fed it just fine. Smooth, no kick and bcg operation seems fine.
So I don’t think the +gas lengths are a huge requirement.
Thank you. I didn't think it would be a huge deal, but figured it would be worth asking those that would know.