Fired shell and new shell jam
First, the gun...Aero enhanced upper and hand guard , 24" EABCO bbl, seekin's adjustable gas block.Rubber city bolt. Buffer is rifle standard with 2 tungsten weights and heavy spring. Lower was being used on 243 lbc theand worked great. Factory "Black" ammo works ok, hand loads are 29. XX gr Leverevoloution with Berger 105gr bt target...does it sound like over gassed, or under? Have been using brass catcher, so I don't know ejection clocking....will check tomorrow... Was just curious if there is a common answer to this ? Thanks for any suggestions... rsbhunter
What length gas system does it have? I had similar issues initially, undergassed....but it was operator error....I forgot to open my gas block. DOH
It is rifle length...Actually figured out what is going on....I bought a top of the line bolt, and while at a friends house, we started trying different things...buffers, springs, gas settings.....and then we swapped bolts !!!!!! The brand new bolt wasn't extracting like it should... Every load we tried, factory Black, hand loads, would either throw the empty about a foot at 1:00 or leave it on top of the mag.....switched with his Faxon bolt, 4'-5' at 4:0
0 perfect....looking at the extractor it seemed narrower than mine....contacted the mfg (Sunday) so will give it a couple days......rsbhunter
Surprised to hear of problems with an RCA bolt. They should take care of you though. I’m expecting delivery of a bolt carrier from them early this week myself. Going to use a bolt I have sitting at the house provided it headspaces properly.
It is my first experience with either a psychic, or someone who is a very good at guessing the brand of an unnamed bolt......but I am impressed......... rsbhunter