6mm ARC vs 243 Win
Ever compare hunting loads performance on factory 243 WIN loads to 6mm ARC 103 ELDX? I thought they  would be close though I was surprised to see which one was ahead at 300 & 400 yards in terms of energy on target.

Was not expecting the round loaded for an lower max pressure, gas gun limits to outperform the higher case capacity higher pressure range 243. Key here is barrel twist & BC limit for each barrel. 

6ARC really does have an opportunity to outshine the 243 at distance. As a reloader Im a bit torn in choosing a hunting projectile between the high BC that I am not accustomed to need and other great options that will perform equally well & arguably better in some cases inside of 200 yards where 90% or greater of my deer shots have presented themselvs.

Suppose selection will depend on my scouting prior to season. Hope to have two bolt action rifles available by deer season. been nearly 6 months now I have been waiting on the barrel for the CZ 527. Hope she is not too much longer. perhaps I may have each bolt action rifle dialed in for a different bullet.
I pretty much always have 2 rifles for a hunt, plan B always available. Last successful hunt was 243 and 6 creed, and each did the job equally, out to 125 yds. My 243 has a 100 gr Sierra BT and the 6creed has a 103 eldx, both hand loads. So yeah, inside of maybe 250 which is as far as I would want to shoot, even the 6 arc would be there with the eldx. High bc keeps the velocity and ke for down range.