Maxim bolt question
Currently have a maxim bcg that was bought when first building my rifle. It's a 6.5G.....i was going to get a spare bolt to have around and now they have a separate number for a 6ARC bolt?
  Same .136 head and type 2 so is it just for people who don't know the T2 grendel is what they need?
I doubt if it's any different, both cartridges share the case head dimensions, and most barrels are sized for a 0.136" depth bolt face, all of the 6Arc's that I know of and most 6.5 Grendels. 1 or 2 mfrs built some Grendels with a 0.125" bolt face depth need, usually b/c they wanted to use a 7.62x39 bolt or some cheap-o reason like that.
So yeah, probably as you say. You might look at the other specs to see if they did any "improvements" or anything but any good 0.136 grendel bolt will do the job just fine.
BFT sells several on the grendel forum. Monster bolts, and here also, but sometimes he is out of stock. Great bolt, great price, great guy to do bizness with.
Thank you sir, I didn't check on the monster bolts yet. I would have got one with my barrel but was out of stock at the time. Didn't think there would be any difference and as far as I could see nothing different in the product description on the maxim site.
Just a heads up. I ordered a bcg from Maxim last month but didn't receive any reply, other than the order placement email. Went back a day later to see if my order went thru and found it did not so I sent them an email to check on it as they had my payment up front. No reply, sent a second email, again no reply. Tried to call, several times, no answer.

So I started the process to get my funds back, which took several many days, and did so. Also checked them out and found A LOT of complaints. Won't ever use them again.
A wild flower growing up thru the cracks in the sidewalk. - Problem child
That's strange. I ordered one earlier this spring no problem and the spare I just ordered was shipped yesterday. I would have got a monster bolt originally but they have been out of stock for a while.
(08-14-2021, 06:34 PM)Thelaststraw Wrote: That's strange. I ordered one earlier this spring no problem and the spare I just ordered was shipped yesterday. I would have got a monster bolt originally but they have been out of stock for a while.

I, too, had ordered from them before and had no problems that first time. Which is why I placed my second bolt order, rather than wait on the sixfive bolt. It appears to me this guy is hit and miss. So for me it's a no thanks, I'll just wait on John's new bolt as I've never had any trouble plus super quick shipping with him. And "the price is right!"
A wild flower growing up thru the cracks in the sidewalk. - Problem child