Barrel in rout & scheduled to be here by Friday
To my surprise I see an e-mail from Pac-nor that the brown truck should be delivering a drop in barrel as early as this coming Friday. Hope this turns out to be true. Seems like a long wait. Hope She turns out to be worth it.
As promised in the latest E-mail From Pac-Nor the barrel arrived today. Yea!

Promptly set up a barrel vice & removed a 6,5 grendel barrel for what I hoped would be a quick change over. Well murphy did show his ugly face a little bit. Fortunately I have a good friend that has a lathe that allowed for a quick fix of a lack of clearance for the bolt & extractor. Increased the depth of a counter bore a few thousance and off to installing the barrel.

Tested the head space with a head space gauge ordered for this project 5 plus months ago. Go gauge closes fine. Place one layer of masking tape on the head of the go gauge & the bolt closes snugly. Another layer of tape and the bolt would not close. Borrowing the lathe was a good excuse to start catching up on a lot with a long time friend. Thanks again Steve!

Get home & reassemble the rifle in the stock. remount the scope & all. Later this evening I got out & fired just one factory round. Came home & compared head space with the re-barreled CZ 527 & the savage Axis brass. Head space is identical between both rifles. Cool beans If I choose to keep the savage, ammo will likely be interchangeable even if I aim for .002" head space. clearance.

Barrel seemed to clean up just fine. Ill have to give the bore a look over with a bore scope prior to getting her out further.

Well tomorrow I look forward to seasoning this Pacnor 6mm ARC barrel & get her sighted in.
Spent the majority of yesterday breaking in this barrel with a variety of pulled spire point bullets From American reloading. I wanted to burn up. Nice to be able to feed basically anything from the mag. Nice to have the spire point bullets as an option IMHO.

Next will be to start working up loads. Towards the end of break in, MOA was roughly what I was seeing. generally seeing Horizontal & vertical stringing. The last rounds put down the tube were the 95 grain pulled bullets. right at a MOA string for a 5 shot group.
I bought a bunch of those SPs from them for the same purpose. My experience was about the same and I imagine things will only get better for you. Was this a rebarrel on the savage or CZ?
CZ 527 received the new Pac-Nor barrel. The savage is the Axis & I would not, nor would I encourage anyone to bother investing anything more in the Axis. The Magazine on the axis is not near as user friendly as I may hope for. Loading the mag is difficult at best and Spire points will not feed from the mag.

Any way I am Happy to have this CZ 527 up & running with the 6mm arc barrel. It is a bit early to tell though I to expect accuracy to only get better. Especially as I get in to working up loads with the premium bullets. Though in all reality that inexpensive pulled 95 grain gold dot bullet would easily do fine on minute of deer vitals, out to 200 yards & more.
I got some berger hybrid hunter 95's, may try to work up something for my 22" uintah.
the 103's in it are doing fine, 2760-ish.
I’m a huge fan of CZs! I am hoping to get a 527 in this caliber, my wife has a youth carbine in 7.62x39 and several 22s and few 550fs. I hope that they introduce it in this caliber. I’m sure yours is a great little rifle.
Better jump fast... over on the 65 Grendel forum several posts just today saying CZ is ending the 527 and 557, and going to a model 600 with several formats... but no grendel and so more than likely, no 6Arc either.
(11-15-2021, 12:31 PM)Heyboy Wrote: I’m a huge fan of CZs! I am hoping to get a 527 in this caliber, my wife has a youth carbine in 7.62x39 and several 22s and few 550fs. I hope that they introduce it in this caliber. I’m sure yours is a great little rifle.
Yea sorry to say, looks like the only way that would happen is if you re-barrel your wife's 7.62x39 or sourcing a 6.5 Grendel or another 7.62x39 to be re-barreled.

https://sportingclassicsdaily.com/new-cz...5d95af942e
(11-15-2021, 12:31 PM)Heyboy Wrote: I’m a huge fan of CZs! I am hoping to get a 527 in this caliber, my wife has a youth carbine in 7.62x39 and several 22s and few 550fs. I hope that they introduce it in this caliber. I’m sure yours is a great little rifle.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=328]

No regrets on putting together this CZ 527 in 6mm ARC. Seems to be a really fine at many task. This whitetail was taken w a 250 yard shot. 108 gr Berger Elite hunter should have been moving roughly 2400 FPS as it impacted the lower side of the spine just behind the shoulder. Of course w the spine hit he dropped on the spot. Not only did he drop on the spot - lights were completely turned off instantly on impact.