109 long range hybrid vs 105 match hybrid
Can't find any Berger 105 match hybrids so I picked up a few boxes of the 109 long range hybrids. How do the 109s shoot compared to the 105s? I have a 20" AR15 6arc.

Jim
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid". Sgt Stryker
I just did a comparison this past weekend between Nosler 105 RDF's and Berger 109 long range hybrids. I only shot them to 100 yards testing for accuracy.

Using the same load, same case and primer.

29.4 Lever, bullet seated to 2.295. They both seemed to shoot the same. Did not get chrono numbers on the 109's because I shot and killed my chrono shooting the 105's. But the two seemed to shoot identically the same with the same load.

I think the 109's will shine shooting at distance over the 105's, that is my next test with them. I need a new chrono first.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
Dino11, I'm about to start loading some 109 LRHT. At a COAL of 2.295 I would be at .035 jump. Is that close to yours? What mag are you using? TIA
In my bolt gun that 2.295 equates to .060 jump, and I use metal GI style mags. You will not get a bullet loaded to that length in a plastic mag. ASC, Duramag, E-Lander, ect...

Make sure to check your chamber with the bullet you are using, these long slender bullets will give you a lot more jump loaded using COAL, I always use CBTO when measuring bullets. I used COAL in the post because that is what most folks understand, your measurement might be different depending on your chamber. Even though this is a SAAMi spec'd round I have seen major differences in chamber depth and freebore from different barrels. I like tight chambers in this round and two of my rifles that have match grade barrels have tight chambers.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
(09-07-2021, 09:14 AM)Dino11 Wrote: In my bolt gun that 2.295 equates to .060 jump, and I use metal GI style mags. You will not get a bullet loaded to that length in a plastic mag. ASC, Duramag, E-Lander, ect...
Duramag Grendel mags allow up to 2.310". I used to do 2.30 for a retired barrel.
#FJB
Dino11, Yes I always measure CBTO. CBTO and Jump are the measurements I'm concerned with unless it's approaching max mag length. Otherwise COAL is pretty much useless info.
StoneHendge, that's my understanding that Duramags are usually good for 2.300 or so. Just wasn't sure if it was only in certain capacity mags. It's almost impossible to find that info.
I agree barrel length should be included with velocity and bullet jump in load data.
Yeah, I always leave a little extra for varying tip lengths. I exclusively used 10 rd Duramag's back then since I was in Coloradostan. I use the 20s now but haven't had to go longer than mag length with them. A batch of ARC ammo is on the production schedule for later this week and I hope to remember to seat a bunch at 2.30 to start just to confirm it will work in them
#FJB
I have the exact same plans. I have some 109s, 60 once fired Hornady brass cases, cleaned and annealed and a 10 and 20 round Duramag. Should be fun.
Just finished loading some Hornady 108 ELM-M and some Berger 109 LRHT. The OAL on the Bergers is 2.286" (.045" Jump) and I have about .018" clearance. So my 10 round Duramag is 2.304"
(09-10-2021, 08:38 PM)popgun Wrote: Just finished loading some Hornady 108 ELM-M and some Berger 109 LRHT. The OAL on the Bergers is 2.286" (.045" Jump) and I have about .018" clearance. So my 10 round Duramag is 2.304"
What powder and how much?
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid". Sgt Stryker
(09-11-2021, 03:37 PM)gorillamotors Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 08:38 PM)popgun Wrote: Just finished loading some Hornady 108 ELM-M and some Berger 109 LRHT. The OAL on the Bergers is 2.286" (.045" Jump) and I have about .018" clearance. So my 10 round Duramag is 2.304"
What powder and how much?
Three different charges 29.0 29.2 29.4 of Leverevolution. I'm just getting started with developing a load. This is for an AR with a 22" barrel. I'm starting a little hot but want to be in the 2700+-25 fps range.