Bullets favored for hunting from the ARC
Hornady 90gr ELDX and the Nosler 90gr Accubonds are on my radar.
(12-01-2023, 03:02 AM)CZ527 Guy Wrote: Look forward to your account & photos.
Well no pictures because no hogs. Not sure if it was weather or what but there were 6 guys hunting Saturday and 1 LITTLE piglet shot.
Hopefully I'll have better luck next time.
Sorry things had not worked out better. Yes, Wish you all better luck next time.
(12-05-2023, 12:03 AM)CZ527 Guy Wrote: Sorry things had not worked out better. Yes, Wish you all better luck next time.
going to Alabama the 13th and 14th for deer taking the 6arc. We'll see how it does there.
My son killed this 8pt on opening day of rifle season last year using a newly built 6mm ARC using factory Hornady 108gr. ELD-M.
Shot was 320yds, bullet entered behind shoulder and you can see the exit in pic. buck ran 10-15 yds.

Rifle shoots under a 1" @200yds, velocity avg is 2,571 fps 18" Proof carbon barrel.

[Image: IMG_1757.jpg]

I killed this 8pt @ 277 yds this year. Deer dropped at the shot, broke both shoulders found the bullet just under the hide of opposite shoulder.

[Image: IMG_3354.jpg]
Any reports on the ELD-X on game? Do they expand and stay inside? Not looking for through and through, but controlled expansion. I have the 90 and 103 on order if Brownells ever ships my order. I tell ya Midway has me spoiled I guess...

I just ordered some Nosler 90 Accubond from Arm or Ally to put them in the mix. Winter has set in so not sure how much development time I will get but at least I will have them.
My last deer 134yds small in no out no blood dropped on the spot. Nothing big Spike 

Factory 103ELDX ammo

CZ527 Bolt 24" barrel