Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old and out of touch I guess
Was in the reload room today annealing some cases listening to the radio.

A commercial come on advertising legal marijuana cards that you can obtain online or by phone.

What has this country come to? It's not like a lot of people today are dopey enough that they need to smoke dope to exasperate it.

I will not say that I have never smoked it, just didn't care for it. Makes you lazy, tired, and disconnected feeling.

I guess it's part of the big plan... The Dumbing Down of America.

Well time to get back to the reloading, I think I might load out just about everything I can the next few weeks with the current situation of the current administration.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
I spent a large part of my young adulthood going to rock-n-roll concerts where weed was unavoidable. Tried it for awhile but developed an allergy to it. I'm better off for it. I found the aroma of black powder smoke from my muzzle loaders was more to my liking than pot odor. On top of that, I got a whole new set of friends who weren't always doped up & a lot more reliable... and fun. Who knew an allergy could be life changing for the better?

I still love 60s to 90s rock-n-roll. These days, going to concerts with those old bands is like visiting a retirement center. Pot odor is seldom detected as well.
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
A friend of mine that I have known since grade school told me that the stuff they are smoking today is 10 times more potent that the stuff we smoked back in the 70' and 80's. I too had a very short stint with it, just never made it a priority in my life. But I did drink my fair share of low powered beer before I was old enough to drink the good stuff. Playing in a band in a bar it is pretty hard not to. Those were the days, if you got pulled over they would either take you home or follow you home if you weren't a douche bag. Today a large portion of people out there are suicidal sociopaths.

I hate to say it... It's just not safe out there anymore. Kids today have no family values, morals , or respect for others... It's all about me and what I can get, and if you won't give it to me I'm going to take it. And in their minds this is perfectly normal and ok.

so·ci·o·path
/ˈsōsēōˌpaTH/

noun: sociopath; plural noun: sociopaths

a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience.

Jumping off my soap box now.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
(09-19-2021, 09:12 PM)Dino11 Wrote: Was in the reload room today annealing some cases listening to the radio.

A commercial come on advertising legal marijuana cards that you can obtain online or by phone.

What has this country come to?
Legal marijuana cards are a partial return to the individual liberty enjoyed by Americans in the 18th and 19th centuries, a time when government did not dictate what people could smoke.

(12-08-2021, 08:50 PM)Atlas0065 Wrote: It's incredibly difficult to walk through society today and not get frustrated or down right angry with those around us.  It seems as if the younger parents today allow their kids to act out without any remorse or regret.  No teachings of morals, ethics, or patriotism.  It continues to perpetuate into generational influence on down the line.
First, older folks are just as bad as younger generations when it comes to selfishness and lack of patriotism.  Look at all of the anti-maskers in their 50's,  60's, and 70's; they are willing to infect and kill other Americans, just to avoid the inconvenience of wearing a surgical mask.  And during the height of the pandemic last year, some politicians and their followers were holding "super spreader" events where participants did not wear masks, causing countless numbers of people to be infected.  Completely irresponsible behavior.

Second, your complaints are nothing new.  Older people have been complaining about the younger generation at least as far back as ancient Greece.

“The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers.”

― Socrates