Wrinkled necks when formed from 6Gren ??
Problem solved: Bought a set of Hornady dies and did the exact same routine
to reform the brass. Not one wrinkled case shoulder.  anyone want to but a set of RCBS 6mmARC Dies?
Barely used ....
(10-16-2021, 07:56 PM)Badgersmith Wrote: Problem solved: Bought a set of Hornady dies and did the exact same routine
to reform the brass. Not one wrinkled case shoulder.  anyone want to but a set of RCBS 6mmARC Dies?
Barely used ....

Are your RCBS 6mm ARC dies small base dies with the taper crimp seater? If you crimp your reloads you might wanna keep the taper crimp die. I really don't like the seater/crimp die in the Hornady set. I always seem to crunch a few case necks/shoulders when trying to get the crimp set right. I have the same problem with every Hornady die set on my bench. I taper crimp every caliber I reload for semi-auto rifles. I don't crimp bolt gun ammo.
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
(10-16-2021, 08:57 PM)Old Bob Wrote:
(10-16-2021, 07:56 PM)Badgersmith Wrote: Problem solved: Bought a set of Hornady dies and did the exact same routine
Barely used ....

Are your RCBS 6mm ARC dies small base dies with the taper crimp seater? If you crimp your reloads you might wanna keep the taper crimp die. I really don't like the seater/crimp die in the Hornady set. I always seem to crunch a few case necks/shoulders when trying to get the crimp set right. I have the same problem with every Hornady die set on my bench. I taper crimp every caliber I reload for semi-auto rifles. I don't crimp bolt gun ammo.

...this is a good suggestion.  You can always adjust your main seating die to just seat the bullet to the desired depth with no crimp then run it thru the extra seating die that has had the seating stem removed and adjusted to apply desired amount of crimp.  On a progressive you could make it the last die station.  The only problem I could forsee is if after a few firings the case neck has thickened with the associated brass flow (especially with hot loads).  If you're after extreme accuracy or OCD, you probably neck turn already. Of course, one could also use the Lee Factory Crimp die to do the crimping, just be aware the neck thickness would apply to it's use as well especially if you are using mixed brands/lots of brass.
(10-16-2021, 09:28 PM)r.tenorio671 Wrote:
(10-16-2021, 08:57 PM)Old Bob Wrote:
Barely used ....

...this is a good suggestion.  You can always adjust your main seating die to just seat the bullet to the desired depth with no crimp then run it thru the extra seating die that has had the seating stem removed and adjusted to apply desired amount of crimp.  On a progressive you could make it the last die station.  The only problem I could forsee is if after a few firings the case neck has thickened with the associated brass flow (especially with hot loads).  If you're after extreme accuracy or OCD, you probably neck turn already.  Of course, one could also use the Lee Factory Crimp die to do the crimping, just be aware the neck thickness would apply to it's use as well especially if you are using mixed brands/lots of brass.

Sorry to be soooooo long in reply. Thanks very much for your advice and I like the last station idea on my LNL .
I did just today find Lapua 6.5 Grendel brass at creedmoor sports. Ordered what i could afford and with out being a Hog Gluten grabbing all of it. It should make great ARC Brass.

Thank you again, Badger