6 MM ARC magazines
The real question mark for many potential 6 ARC users are good magazines.   Unfortunately all the common 6.5 Grendel magazines suffer from random quality control issues.  

Since there aren’t a lot of members on this site I thought I’d pass on some info.   C Products Defense/Duramag has finally released a twenty round curved body 6.5 Grendel magazine.  Aim Surplus had these mags in stock a few days ago.

As it stands right now the current 6.5 Grendel magazine manufacturers are:

ASC which are also rebranded AR Stoner from Midway USA, with 5, 10, 15 and 25 round capacity.

E-Lander with 5, 10, 17 and 24 round capacity

C Products Defense, Duramag with 5, 10, 20 and 26 round capacity.

Amend2, 10 round polymer.

D&H sold by PSA has a 10 round 6.5 Grendel metal mag with orange follower.

I sent an email to Lancer today requesting they introduce a new polymer magazine that will work with 6.5 Grendel and 6 MM ARC.   It might not hurt for a couple others send in a request for 6.5 G/6 ARC magazines.

If anyone is aware of any other AR-15 6.5 Grendel mags please advise.

I’ve read some users of PRI 6.8 SPC magazines work with 6.5 Grendel.  It might be worth sending an email requesting a 6.5 G/6 ARC mag from PRI.

I saw where Midsouth Shooters Supply advertised ProMag 6.5 Grendel/6.8 SPC mag but I never investigated further with ProMag past history.

Here is a link to Aim for CPD 20 round mag.

https://aimsurplus.com/duramag-6-5-grend...-magazine/

Link to D&H 6.5 Grendel magazine.

https://dh-tactical.com/mag-65-Grendel.html

I went ahead and sent an email to Precision Reflex Incorporated (PRI) requesting they introduce a quality 6.5 Grendel/6 ARC Magazine.
I’ve been having some major issues with ASC 25 round mags in a Grendel upper - tried downloading to 23 rounds and two different lowers and the bullets are dipping down and stopping below the feed ramp.

I swear it makes my blood boil at this stage in the Grendel life cycle that the mags still need to be tweaked and tweaked and .....

On your recommendation I ordered 2 Dura mag 20 rounders today

When I get a barrel and spin a 6 ARC together I will do a brand new out of the bag test using the following :

ASC 25 round mag
Ross Defense Uni-mag
CPD Products Duramag

There WILL be a video made of this and reported back to here...
Oh forgot about the Uni-Mag. One of my ASC 25 round 6.5 Grendel mags failed to feed from the non ejection port side. Comparing the feed lips to functioning mag showed the inside feed lip was in a different position. I used a pair of pliers to bend the feed lip to match my good mags and it has since fed fine. The ASC mag bodies are not has heavy gauge steel as E-Lander mags and more easily deformed.

Overall I’ve had good luck with 6.5 Grendel mags. Feeding issues in the 6.5 Grendel can be caused by gas issues, ejector, extractor or feed ramp issues to where you think it’s the mag but actually a different problem. One advantage of having access to multiple rifles. If the problems moves with the magazine it is probably the magazine. If the magazine only fails to function in one AR-15 it might not be the mag causing the problem.
I use the Duramag 6.5 Grendel/6 ARC mags and have had no magazine issues.
Years ago I stepped out of the 80's and tried a half dozen different poly AR mags, including the second coming "P" kind. and they all have issues of one kind or another. I was even talked into believing some of my gun parts were "out of spec" so now I have spares...
Nope, just junk mags.

I sold all of them and now all I have are Lancer, and I for one think it would be fantastic if they'd offer them. I just sent them a query via their website.
SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM
(03-30-2022, 12:37 PM)GRH Wrote: Years ago I stepped out of the 80's and tried a half dozen different AR mags, including the second coming "P" kind and they all have issues of one kind or another. I was even talked into believing some of my gun parts were "out of spec" so now I have spares...
Nope, just junk mags.

I sold all of them and now all I have are Lancer, and I for one think it would be fantastic if they'd offer them, and I just sent them a query via their website.

Lancers are my favorite 5.56 mags. If Lancer made mags for 6 ARC I would definitely buy them.
Of all the mags I have used I only ran into one that gave me problems. It was a Dura Mag, and I have other Dura Mags that work flawless.

Not really interested in a polymer mag, as I mostly load to mag length @ 2.295 or longer. I have 2 Amend 2 mags that I never use, they maybe have been loaded twice with factory rounds.

I will add that I only use ten round magazines, but I have zero issues with any of them and I pretty much cover all the brands with the ones I have.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
For my 10-ers (all I use as well), I dropped the front edge a few thou and now they feed great, duramag and CPD/ASC. In my uintah I also cut off 1 or 2 spring coils from them and find that they feed smoother than with un-modded springs. This is only a sample of a few however, but so far that's what I'm doing. 2.290 is about all the farther out I've tried but haven't needed to actually go with any that long, 2.270-2.280 has pretty much been the max I use.

If a fix is this simple I don't mind much; it would have been nice not to have to do anything, I'd agree with that.
Resurrecting to see if anyone has pros/cons/issues on the PRI 6.8 magazines? Their pricey, but they always worked well when I had a 6.8. Just seems odd the 6.8s are used for the 6 ARC.

BC
Used to be some other manufacturerss used the same magazine body for both 6.8 and 6.5 Grendel. Maybe just changed the follower — or not even that. Same mag, different label.

Anyway, haven't used PRI but if they, themselves, are labeling them for 6A I'd give them a try if I were so inclined.
:: 6mmARC Target Cartridge with Hunting Capability :: 6.5 GRENDEL Hunting Cartridge with Target Capability :: 
:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
Anyone try 10rd or 20rd PMags or Lancers? Maybe with some modifications?
I am using the ACS 6 ARC magazines with the correct 6 ARC followers and haven't had any issues with them.

While ACS does get some bad reviews on their 5.56 magazines, I have not had any issues with their 6.8 SPC or 6mm ARC magazines.
I'm using E-Lander 17 rd mags left over from a 6.5 Grendel build I sold. No problems so far but they are a pain to unload sometimes. Bought a couple Amend 2's but haven't had a chance to use them. Loading those is a little different but got used to it. Had them lock up after a few rounds loaded and assumed it was the follower binding. Gave it a wack on the floor plate an problem solved.
Tact - Telling someone to go to hell in such a manner that they enjoy the trip.
Are the ASC 6mm mags different from the grendel mags? They appear to be the same with just a red follower instead of blue.
(02-04-2023, 02:10 AM)Mebe007 Wrote: Are the ASC 6mm mags different from the grendel mags? They appear to be the same with just a red follower instead of blue.

The red followers are specifically designed for the 6MM ARC and are different than the blue 6.5 Grendel followers.
I use the ASC (AR Stoner) ARC specific 10 rounders. Haven't had any feeding issues, but they do swell up and are a little hard to insert when loaded.
I am your uncle!
I have some feeding issues CDP 26 rounders, but I canges yellow follower and P-mag spirings and then work fine.