Will anybody else make factory 6mm ARC ammo?
Is 6mm ARC going to grow beyond Hornady so that there are other factory ammo choices? I plan to mostly load my own but it would be nice to have some other choices and also it just speaks to how popular the cartridge is becoming. I'm wondering if maybe it's not catching on as quickly as Hornady expected. Comments/opinions? Thanks.
I expect others will jump in, but not until things like supply of materials sort themselves out. They can’t get the material and/or load rounds fast enough to satisfy demand for their existing loads, so probably have not expended much effort on a new cartridge.

I’m (un)patiently awaiting a solid copper load from Barnes or Black Hills (using Barnes bullets), or even a GMX load from Hornady. I don’t reload so I’m at the mercy of the factory offerings.

The Hornady loads shoot really well for me, especially the ELD-M and the ELD-X, so that covers me for now. But I really like the GMX and TTSX bullets for deer because I don’t end up having to scrap meat due to lead pieces from the bullet coming apart.
I did see some gmx loads from hornady in their load data pdf.
(11-03-2021, 08:25 PM)SBRSarge Wrote: I expect others will jump in, but not until things like supply of materials sort themselves out. They can’t get the material and/or load rounds fast enough to satisfy demand for their existing loads, so probably have not expended much effort on a new cartridge.

I’m (un)patiently awaiting a solid copper load from Barnes or Black Hills (using Barnes bullets), or even a GMX load from Hornady. I don’t reload so I’m at the mercy of the factory offerings.

The Hornady loads shoot really well for me, especially the ELD-M and the ELD-X, so that covers me for now. But I really like the GMX and TTSX bullets for deer because I don’t end up having to scrap meat due to lead pieces from the bullet coming apart.

That makes sense about the supply and demand environment we are currently in. I'm just excited by the cartridge and have adopted it and would like to see it catch on.
(11-04-2021, 06:10 PM)Patrickb4365 Wrote:
(11-03-2021, 08:25 PM)SBRSarge Wrote: I expect others will jump in, but not until things like supply of materials sort themselves out. They can’t get the material and/or load rounds fast enough to satisfy demand for their existing loads, so probably have not expended much effort on a new cartridge.

That makes sense about the supply and demand environment we are currently in. I'm just excited by the cartridge and have adopted it and would like to see it catch on.

Amen to that! It’d be nice to see some loads from Federal with their trophy bonded bear claw bullets along with solid copper loads from the solid copper companies.
Question for the folks that have tried reloading Spire point bullets for their AR platform 6mm ARC. Are the spire point bullets feeding reliably from your AR mag's? Reason I ask is 1st I do not currently shoot an AR so I don't have any experience in this arena. Though I did tinker with the Savage Axis & the CZ 527.

When I tried spire point bullets in the Savage axis, feeding from the magazine was very un-reliable. As opposed to the controlled round feed of the CZ 527, nearly everything I have tried in the CZ527 has fed very reliable.

Some have shared that they also experienced issues feeding from the magazines in their Semi Auto AR platform guns when loading the non plastic tip bullets. I do not know how wide spread the finicky ammo feed issue thing, may be.
I got lead-tip scars/nicks/shaves on feeding any with the lead, like sierra 100 sbt... in both the AR and bolt style (a uintah).
Also, I had lots of trouble getting anything for a savage/ grendel/bolt action build to feed reliably, anything...
I'm not convinced their savage mag is designed well enough for the grendel/6Arc rounds.
Another one I had trouble with is the ruger predator/etc feeding from the AR mag... again, not reliable.
Now all this being said some guys are reporting that their lead tips, even if nicked, shoot well enough.
Ive been shooting 100 grain lead nosed Hornady 6mm bullets with no issues out of my AR, good enough accuracy for hunting
If you look at the Ammo manufacturers currently chambering 6.5 Grendel then I suspect there is your answer.

As too a time frame ...well I reckon it will take atleast 2-3 years for the 6mm ARC to surpass Grendel ammo sale. If I had to pick next cab off the rank then Federal and Remington.
Bill... I was thinking the same thing. 6mm ARC ammo from other manufacturers would probably be from those who make 6.5 Grendel ammo. I'd add Nosler to that short list.

As for unprimed 6mm ARC brass, I'd also look for that component from those who are currently making Grendel brass. That list gets a little longer with Starline, Lapua & Norma besides Federal & Nosler. I think Remington will offer only loaded ammo.
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
Did we overlook Black hills ammo? or don't they count?

http://www.black-hills.com/product-categ...gold-ammo/
(06-12-2023, 09:55 AM)CZ527 Guy Wrote: Did we overlook Black hills ammo? or don't they count?

I looked at Black Hills 2600 out of an 18" barrel which would probably put it at about 2750 out of my bolt gun. But not an all metal bullet.  Now that I have started reloading I'm not sure it matters to me but I would like to see the 6arc become more common and more offerings for it.
Still looking forward to getting a CX factory round in 6arc and Brass becoming more available .
(06-12-2023, 09:55 AM)CZ527 Guy Wrote: Did we overlook Black hills ammo? or don't they count?

Here's a review from "Firearms News" about the Black Hills 6 ARC ammo:

https://www.firearmsnews.com/editorial/b...ontent=osg

Found some through Ammo-Seek:

https://kirammo.com/shop/rifle-ammo/6mm-...ady-eld-x/
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
Got a verified report that AAC (America's Ammunition Company — as printed on their packaging) will be producing 6mm ARC (and 6.5 Grendel) in their new ammunition factory. Comes from an account on AR15.com named "Jman_JJE," who is, apparently, a Palmetto State Armory/AAC rep. Source HERE, see Post #5.
:: 6mmARC Target Cartridge with Hunting Capability :: 6.5 GRENDEL Hunting Cartridge with Target Capability :: 
:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
Peterson is suppose to come out with brass so there's a good chance they'll make ammo if they do.
I look forward to the day our 6mm arc is popular enough that Nosler jumps in on the 6mm ARC, Not for there ammo or brass mind you. I just really like there load data that accompany's the calibers they support.
(11-05-2021, 01:17 PM)grayfox Wrote: I got lead-tip scars/nicks/shaves on feeding any with the lead, like sierra 100 sbt... in both the AR and bolt style (a uintah).
Also, I had lots of trouble getting anything for a savage/ grendel/bolt action build to feed reliably, anything...
I'm not convinced their savage mag is designed well enough for the grendel/6Arc rounds.
Another one I had trouble with is the ruger predator/etc feeding from the AR mag... again, not reliable.
Now all this being said some guys are reporting that their lead tips, even if nicked, shoot well enough.

I have problems feeding the last round from my Savage Axis II 3-round magazine. The bullet nose dives and will not feed. It's almost as if Savage designed the magazine case and its follower so that the "leaf" spring is in backwards. 

I use my magazine as a Single Load Enabling Device (SLED), and it works for me in that application. I will need to go to a different stock that accepts 8 or 10 round magazines and that should work better. 

My problem is that my rifle is so accurate (<0.25" groups @ 100 yards) that I'm afraid to do anything to it. I guess that is a good problem to have. - LOL
It looks like HSM has just released a couple loadings.

75gr VMAX
95gr Berger VLDs

Let the floodgates open...