6mm ARC deer hunt 2021
Seems like that time of year is upon us or nearly so. Like to invite our 6mm ARC fans to submit an account of their Choice to use or not use the 6mm ARC on this years deer or even hog hunt.

Like to hear the first hand account of your experiences & choices for shot placement, like neck or heart lung or my goal for this year the high shoulder brachial plexus shot.

Good luck & looking forward to hearing from you all.
My son missed a 4 x 4 mule deer at about 400 yards. He's 13 and this was his first hunt. Probably my fault, a little buck fever and a think I forgot to adjust the scope up. Pretty sure it hit low. I took a shot a about 120 yards staring straight at the front of the deer. The bullet was an ELD X 90 gr. at 3000 fps muzzle. The bullet separated from the jacket and I didn't find any lead. Not surprised. Impact was on the right side and went through the lung into the belly. He jumped and then went down immediately.
This was our weekend opener for East river deer. Had a last 30 min of light shot at a good sized whitetail buck tonight. Shot was quartering away 254 yards per range finder. 6mm ARC & the 108 grain Elite hunter did the trick. Still need to do a little more in the way of an autopsy in the next few days.

Guessing this deer was 30 to 42 months old & roughly 300 lbs live weight. Lights were out just after the sound of the shot. That is - he never took a step just collapsed at the shot. As white tail deer go, this guy looked more like a Mule deer in terms of the height of the 4x4 rack. Nicest deer I have taken to date.
Looks like the explination for this deer collapsing like he did was a result of a spinal hit. Will know more once I bone this guy out. Though the chest cavity was almost completely missed. My intent was a high shoulder hit though I hit a bit higher than intended. Sometimes better lucky than good I suppose.

That's a beauty, CZ!