Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My grail gun... What is yours?
Aside from precision rifle my other shooting passion is shooting pistols. I am a huge fan of the 1911 in 45ACP. I own some real nice ones and a couple of shooters that I loan out to friends and family when we go to the range. Most of my collection is high end, with a couple of custom builds.

But my Holy Grail gun is the S&W 4506 no dash gun, with adj sights. The reason for the no dash early gun is that the gun is all steel no MIM parts in it at all. These guns by many enthusiast are considered the best pistol ever made coming out of the factory. These guns in good condition are very hard to find.

A couple of days ago after a two year search I found the right candidate. I got my mits on a 4506 built in 1990 no dash gun, it had only 16 rounds fired through it to check for function. Then it was put in the safe not to see the light of day for 31+ years. I got it from the original owner. Everything was their, paperwork, box tools, factory cleaning kit, you get the picture. This was not just a good find, it was a blessed find. Price was not a good deal, but it was a fair deal, I by all means did not overpay. Gave the guy the money and headed home, it was a 230 mile round trip that was worth every minute of it.

Attached Files Image(s)

If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
At one time I had a S & W 4516, the bobbed version of the 4506. I was out of work & needing money to put food on the table & had to sell it. When I got a new job & was back in the black, I got a SA 1911A1 which I still have.

I don't have a particular grail gun but I sure wouldn't mind getting my hands on one of Springfield Armory's new SA-35, Browning Hi-Power clones. A local Springfield Armory distributor has me on a waiting list. They told me 3 months which probably means 6 months.

Attached Files Image(s)

The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
Mine's an M134. Best I keep playing the lottery!
#FJB
(11-18-2021, 04:18 PM)StoneHendge Wrote: Mine's an M134. Best I keep playing the lottery!
I guess if you can afford one of those you can afford to feed it. isn't that gun capable of 5K-6K  minute?

I think that was the gun the China man in one of the Red movies used to pretty much cut a car in half.
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.