Short barrels and 6mm ARC
Looking for any and all reporting you can find on 6 ARC efficiency and performance in shorter barreled setups.

The interest in lighter weight builds, whether that be pistols or non-SBR 14.5” (pin and welded muzzle breaks) rifles, for hunting applications is going to be a new focal point with 6 ARC.

Comparisons welcome between 6.8 / 6.5 grendel / 6ARC in 14 and 16” barrels if you find articles or the time to test and report back here...

Thx

Attached Files Image(s)

+1. The numbers I've run in the JBM ballistics calculator for the 105-110 class bullets seem to show they can stay supersonic to 1,000 yards at standard barometric pressure if you can launch them at 2,500fps. I think this round will do well out of pistols and SBRs.
The beauty of both the 6mmARC and 6.5 Grendel is that sleek, high BC bullets do well in short barrels cuz they rely, not on muzzle velocity, but on ballistic coefficient to retain velocity downrange.

After my first batch of 6mmARC MONSTER 20" barrels, I'm thinking of going to the 12s even before I do the 16s.
:: 6mmARC Target Cartridge with Hunting Capability :: 6.5 GRENDEL Hunting Cartridge with Target Capability :: 
:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
I am thinking of a 12.7” build. I’ll be watching for monster production. Thanks!
Added a chart to the original post of velocity and barrel lengths from a guns.com article
Overall they are saying 100ft/s per 4 inches of barrel. 300 for the drop from 24 to 12. Not exactly linear but close.
A 14.5" pin and weld is where I see 6 ARC shining the brightest.
Someone over at snipershide did testing with a 11.5” ARC barrel, I think he was getting around 2400 FPS give or take. I believe he was doing the testing for Lancer or LANTact.