Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JRB’s got a 6 arc
Saw last night that Johnny’s Reloading Bench is posting on his YouTube channel again.  He has a 6mm ARC (Odin Works 18” ) and will be doing load development and post the videos soon.  He says that he his is going to be working on the heavies but If enough people request on his channel to do something with the lighter projectiles he may oblige us, but at any rate thought I’d let everyone know so if you want to keep an on his channel.

Trashy
I like me some JRB
This is good news. I've watched quite of bit of him and Bolt Action Reloading.
Thanks for the heads up! Glad he is back.
I always liked his videos even if some of them are a bit long, they always contain some good information. I’m stoked that he’s coming back with the arc hopefully he’ll save me some time if he’ll work on the lighter bullets.

I’m not familiar with Bolt Action Reloading, I’ll check out the channel. Thanks for the info.

Trashy
I enjoy JRB's videos, too.

These days I almost always watch videos on 1.5x speed.  Cool
:: 6mmARC Target Cartridge with Hunting Capability :: 6.5 GRENDEL Hunting Cartridge with Target Capability :: 
:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
(07-29-2020, 12:32 AM)Pig_Popper Wrote: I like me some JRB

(07-29-2020, 05:13 AM)Trashy Wrote: I’m not familiar with Bolt Action Reloading, I’ll check out the channel.  Thanks for the info.

Trashy
 Mostly there for the 6.5 CM info.
I urged JRB to join this forum - just submitted the comment on his live twitch stream video , you know in case you want to thumbs up it and add a comment
JRB has posted his first video on the ARC, and it’s not a short one.
Trashy
His barrel looks promising, hope so I have a 21" odin on its way . I'd like to mess with some lighter bullets. He great if the 70gr class work, 85-90 should be nice to.

I think the time off helped jrb he seems like his old self in this video.
I've been concentrating on the 95 grain Hornady SST for the last month and I think I'm in the money now.
Trashy
Trashy, you loading to the cannelure? Got pix?  Cool
:: 6mmARC Target Cartridge with Hunting Capability :: 6.5 GRENDEL Hunting Cartridge with Target Capability :: 
:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::
No sir Krysto, I am loading short of the cannelure, I am looking for a pic of them now, if I can’t find one I will take a pic of the C&R ladder and get it uploaded. If I load to the cannelure there is way too much bullet down in the case, in my barrel 1.678” cbto is 0.20 off the lands using hornady oal comparator and hornady headspace comparator b-350. If my measurements are correct 1.678 puts the base of the 95 SST at the base of the neck.

This is the best i can find at the moment.  I will post a  better one  in the next day or so.  Can you zoom in on this one?

This is the same cbto for the 95 grain SST that I have used for all the loadings i have done with this bullet so far.
Trashy
Krysto, here is a better pic of the 95 gr SST seated at 1.678" cbto, I included an empty case and bullet just for reference.  Hope this helps.

Trashy