HOWA MINI 6ARC
I ran across this web surfing today. Heard it was coming but now there is Proof. Howa part number HCBN6ARCKA. 6mm ARC  CF Stalker.
https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/hcbn6arcka

Tea question is how long till we see them????
The last I heard, they (Legacy Sports International) were thinking the mini 1500 in 6 ARC might be out by the SHOT show in January. We'll see...
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
Great too see a product code, pretty much confirms the imminent arrival of the Howa mini 6mm ARC
The CF in that model is for a carbon fiber stock.
It does show up as a mini 1500 action.
So its OFFICIAL now

file:///C:/Users/steph/OneDrive/Pictures/2022_LSI_Catalog_LQ.pdf
(01-16-2022, 07:38 AM)Bill Wrote: So its OFFICIAL now

file:///C:/Users/steph/OneDrive/Pictures/2022_LSI_Catalog_LQ.pdf
Your link no worky...
If you can not see the tyranny of having a gun ban enforced by men with guns... Then you fail to understand why the second amendment was written in the first place.
https://www.legacysports.com/wp-content/...log_LQ.pdf
The trick is growing up without growing old. -- Casey Stengal
I am a bit confused by all the muzzle threading that says 1/2-28" for 6 & 6.5 calibers...
It ought to be 5/8-24, that's what all of their HB barrels are...
If the barrel profile is a #2 the diameter isn’t big enough for a 5/8-24 so it gets a 1/2-20. We may see 5/8-24 with the 20” heavy barrel. Just speculation as I sit here with an LSS gen2 folding chassis with anticipation.
(01-16-2022, 12:03 PM)Old Bob Wrote: https://www.legacysports.com/wp-content/...log_LQ.pdf

Looks like it will have a 1-8 twist.  Is that enough for the heavier bullets?
(01-26-2022, 01:55 AM)alwie Wrote:
(01-16-2022, 12:03 PM)Old Bob Wrote: https://www.legacysports.com/wp-content/...log_LQ.pdf

Looks like it will have a 1-8 twist.  Is that enough for the heavier bullets?
1-8 will work with the porky bullets like the Hornady 105 HPBT, Barnes 105 MB, etc, but it will not work well with the high BC stuff like 105 RDZ, 105 Berger Hybrid/VLD, etc. I've done extensive calculations for my 18" 1-8 twist 243 LBC and they've always said marginal stability with BC degradation varying with temp with the sexy bullets.
#FJB
does your extensive calculations include elevation? If so what elevation are you working with?
Who would we contact regarding future barrel twist & length options? May prefer to see a 22" & or a 24" barrel with the 7.5 twist as opposed to the 20" 1 in 8 twist. What is this, already beating them up over a rifle features for a rifle that has yet to be released? Yes while waiting for the release I am looking at other Howa options & am seeing other options that do have 22 & 24" barrels.

Then we look at current 110, 112 115 gr bullet options. do we wish to exclude these heavier bullets with a slower 8 twist barrel?
(04-16-2022, 10:31 PM)CZ527 Guy Wrote: Who would we contact regarding future barrel twist & length options?  May prefer to see a 22" & or a 24" barrel with the 7.5 twist as opposed to the 20" 1 in 8 twist. What is this, already beating them up over a rifle features for a rifle that has yet to be released? Yes while waiting for the release I am looking at other Howa options & am seeing other options that do have 22 & 24" barrels.

Then we look at current 110, 112 115 gr bullet options. do we wish to exclude these heavier bullets with a slower 8 twist barrel?

....I suspect Howa marketing is focusing more on the varmint and mid-sized game market and the "typical" projectiles used in those arenas.  I have seen in other forums where folks have bought the 6.5 Grendel actions/rifles and just swapped out the barrels as the most "economical" conversion, seeing as how it's just a barrel swap.
preferred barrels in utah, and mcgowen, both offer a howage style barrel for the mini, you can install yourself with go/nogo gauges and a barrel action wrench set.
I'm looking at them for a different caliber howage/remage/savage barrel for which I'm thinking of making a bolt action. Haven't made up my mind but doing research...
I dont know much about bolt action rifles. Does the Howa action come with tapped holes on the action for scope mounts? I see images with the scope mounts attached directly to the action and other images with a picatinny rail attached to the action.
The Howa most certainly comes with tapped holes for either rings/bases or picatinny rails.

Rem 700/ Mauser 18 is exactly the same.

Ive got a local machinist just about to make a new 20 MOA Alloy Picatinny rail for my Howa mini
You know EGW and outer impact both make 20 MOA rails for the Howa mini... 0 MOA ones also.
In case anyone is interested. The EGW if I recall, comes with torx screws, outer impact with hex.
Thx Grayfox but the Aussie dollar + shipping, plus I get to have an input into the design LOL. I want it lighter, maybe slimmed in the middle, save a few grams .......
Contacted Howa a couple of weeks ago, they stated guns would be shipping late spring from Japan.